four

01 July, 1997 (early hours of
monday morning)

Adrian's home was in the middle of Wiltshire so there were taxis everywhere. Draco lived further in the country— about a thirty minute ride from Adrian's.

It was close to two o'clock in the morning and Theo was sitting beside Scarlett in the back of a taxi.

The driver gave him an odd look when Theo helped the semi conscious girl into her seat, fastening the seat belt around her for her safety. "I promise I know her. She's my best friends little sister. I'm taking her back to her house. She drank a bit much tonight." Well technically, his best friends little cousin but did the driver really need specifics?

The information seemed to be enough for the driver so he nodded and asked for the directions. Theo gave him the address then leaned back against the seat.

Scarlett looked over at him, sobering up a little bit, "You know Theo, you're not that bad. I like you about 10% more than I did when we got there."

Theo laughed, "Only 10%?"

She smiles, "I'll like you more if you make me one of those Shirley Temples again."

"Deal."

"You staying with Draco tonight?"

"Yeah, I'll probably crash in the guest bedroom if that's alright with you. I think Draco won't be home for a while."

The driver was watching their interaction from the mirror, unable to decide if they were friends, lovers, or associates. He watched how they looked at each other when the other started to talk, the brunette boy looking at her as if she was the only girl in the world— and the blonde girl looking interested in everything he was saying.

"You know, Adrian didn't talk to me tonight." She mumbled.

"I told you he was a shit date."

She sighed, "His hair does smell like Sleakeazy. You were right."

"I told you." Theo chimed in a singsong voice.

She rolled her eyes, "All I want is for someone to be interested in me for me." Her voice was barely a whisper now.

Theo nodded, "Plenty of boys are interested in you back at school, you've just never given them the chance."

"Really? Name them? Who actually likes me for me and not just for who my family is?"

Theo blinked, "Terrence Higgs liked you, Oliver Wood liked you, Graham Montague liked you." Those were the only three he could think of.

It's quiet for a minute, "What about you?"

He furrows his eyebrow, "Huh?"

"Have you ever liked me?" She asked.

As much as the driver deeply enjoyed their conversation and was extremely interested in if the boy liked her or not, they arrived at the Manor, he put the car in park for them to get out and walk through the gate. He looked in the mirror and smiled at Theo, who was pulling out his wallet to pay.

Before Theo shut the door, the man turned, "You should tell her."

Theo looked confused, "Tell her what?"

"How you feel."

Theo laughed, "Her brother would kill me."

The man gave him a sympathetic smile, "Well it doesn't hurt to try."