twenty three

14 July, 1997 (9:15p.m, Saturday)

Astoria grabbed Scarlett's arm and practically dragged her away, "Tell me everything." She whispered once she was sure Draco was far enough away.

Scarlett looked over her shoulder, checking the distance between them and Draco, "Well, I walked out looking for him, when I found him, he just looked so good. His jacket was on the chair, his tie was draped over his shoulders. We argued for a minute over the dance and then he asked me was I over Adrian. I said yes and he kissed me." She left out a few parts but she felt that it wasn't her place to tell Astoria about his Dark Mark.

Astoria frowned, "That's all?"

She nodded, "Well he didn't fuck me in the hallway if that's what you're asking."

Astoria shrugged, "I was just wondering. So what was the kiss like?"

"Better than the first."

"I need the details. You're leaving out too many." Astoria pestered, swatting Scarlett's arm.

"I don't know what there is to say, he just backed me into the wall and we made out."

Astoria grabbed her hand, pulling her back towards the ballroom doors, "Are you going to see him tonight?"

Scarlett sighed, "I don't know. Probably not. My mom left me a letter and Cissy gave me it today so I might just stay here, read it and then go to sleep."

"Aw, well that was sweet of her."

The two girls made their way back to their seats, Narcissa turned to Scarlett once she sat down, "I take it you've broken up with Adrian." She gave Scarlett a knowing smile before turning back to her conversation with Lucius.

Astoria kicked Scarlett's foot from under the table, "How did she know before I did?" She asked.

Scarlett shrugged, "She knows everything. She knew when I kissed him at the party. She knew when he climbed through my window. She has like a magic power."

Astoria shook her head, she was about to say something else but Draco took a seat beside her. "Found Theo." He mumbled.

"Where was he?" Astoria asked, side eyeing Scarlett.

"He was in one of the halls with his jacket off and tie untied with half the buttons on his shirt unbuttoned. He said he was hot and needed fresh air but I call bullshit."

Astoria held back a laugh, "Have a little faith in him, Draco."

Theo took his seat across from Scarlett, not looking at her as he sat down. "What are you guys whispering about?" He asked.

Draco looked away, "Oh nothing."

Astoria laughed but didn't say anything.

Theo turned to Scarlett, "Well? What'd they say about me?" He asked.

Scarlett turned a deep shade of red, "Draco think you were hooking up with someone in the hallway."