twenty

12 July, 1997 (11:30p.m, Thursday)

Theo knocked on Draco's door, when he heard the muffled "Come in!" he walked in.

Draco was sitting at his desk, he turned to look at Theo, "Finally you show up!"

Theo shrugged, "It's just been a bad week."

"I know. I overheard my father talking about it. When did you get the Mark?"

Well. Draco got straight to the point. Theo was a bit taken aback. He didn't expect Draco to know. He honestly hadn't even planned on telling Draco.

"The day before the funeral." He mumbled.

Draco frowned, "Oh. I didn't know they made you get it then. I figured it had been yesterday or something like that. They couldn't have given you time to properly grieve?"

He shook his head, "Guess not."

Draco sighed, "Well, at least I'm not alone in this anymore."

Theo gave him a confused look, "What?"

Draco rolled his shirt sleeve up, "I have one too."

"What? Since when?" Theo asked. Draco hadn't mentioned it to him, he'd been with Draco all summer so he didn't know how he missed it.

"Since the day after we got back from Hogwarts."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Oh, like you were going to tell me that you have one?" He retorted.

He changed the subject. "Does Scarlett know?"

Draco shook his head, "No, and it's staying that way, I don't want her or Astoria to worry about me."

"Astoria doesn't know? Holy shit, Draco." He ran his hand through his hair, "How has she not seen it?"

Draco shrugged, "A glamour charm."

Theo was quiet for a moment, contemplating his next question. He had so much to ask. "Have you had to go on any missions?"

"I have to restore a Vanishing Cabinet. I haven't really figured out how to do that yet."

"Well fuck."

It was quiet for several more minutes. Neither of them knew what to say.

Draco was the one to break it, "Think the Dark Lord will make it a two person job?"

Theo scoffed, "Well, I was already planning on not letting you do this shit alone."

"Good."

-

Scarlett was lying on her bed beside Astoria. The two girls were staring at the ceiling. "Do you ever wonder what Draco and Theo do in their spare time?" Astoria asked.

The two girls were bored. It was a Thursday night and all of their friends were gone on vacation. No one would be back until Saturday morning.