eight

02 July, 1997 (11:30p.m, Monday)

Astoria and Scarlett stepped through the Floo at Nott Manor. Theo's father was out for the summer. He had things to do in other countries. Theo's mother was away on a girls trip with Blaise Zabini's mother.

The house was shaking from the noise of the music. The manor was secluded so no one would ever know about this party. Theo was already drunk, he was coming down the stairs, his brown hair sticking to his head, he smiled at the two girls.

"Astoria, you look lovely as always." He flirted— but not a serious flirt because Draco would murder him. He looked over to Scarlett, "Scar, you'd look better in my jersey I think, but you look nice."

Astoria elbowed Scarlett excitedly, "Scarlett, I'll be right back, I'm going to get us drinks. Theo says you like Dirty Shirley's, I'll make us some!"

With that, Astoria disappeared leaving Scarlett alone with Theo. Damn you, Tori. Scarlett sighed, "Congratulations on your win."

Theo nodded, "Thanks. I almost dropped it, fucking Pucey hit my broom."

She frowned, "Sounds about right."

"Are we going to talk about last night?" He asked her.

She shook her head, "Nope, tonight I want to have fun, I don't want to talk to you about you nearly killing Adrian."

He rolled his eyes and scoffed, "Don't be dramatic, Scarlett. He wouldn't have died. Besides, he had you to kiss him and make him feel better afterwards." It was obvious the last part was supposed to be a joke, but the face that Scarlett gave him quickly made his smile disappear. "Scarlett, did you kiss him?"

She blinked. "I don't think I should be discussing who I did or did not kiss with you."

He frowned, "Well, do you like him?"

She avoided eye contact, "Also not something I should discuss with you."

She started to turn and walk away but the Floo made a noise behind her and in stepped Adrian.

"Oh wow, perfect timing." Theo mumbled.

Adrian rolled his eyes, "Could you leave us alone, Nott?"

"This is my fucking house." Theo grumbled, walking away, he made eye contact with Scarlett one last time, she gave him a half smile before turning to Adrian.

"Adrian, about last night, I don't think that we should-"

He cut her off, "You're right, I don't think that there's anything to talk about either, we should just make it official. You like me and I like you."

She blinked, how did he get that from what she was trying to say, instead of ending whatever was going on with them, she just nodded, "That's exactly what I was going to say." She grinned at him.

He smirked, "I knew it. I can't think of a day that I've been wrong."

She nodded, "I am actually going to go find Astoria and tell her the good news, she was fixing me a drink a few minutes ago, so I'll find you later."

He nodded, "I've got to go find Flint and let him know as well."

She smiled and turned away from him, walking towards Theo's kitchen. She'd only been in his house a few times so she wasn't too sure she was headed the right way. After making two wrong turns, she found Astoria in the kitchen with Draco. Astoria slid her a cup across the table, "Well! What'd he say?"