six

01 July, 1997 (10:45p.m, Monday)

Scarlett was sneaking down the stairs of the Manor headed to the Floo. Little did she know, Draco Malfoy was already sitting in the chair facing the Floo. "Headed somewhere?" He asked her.

She jumped, not realizing that he was there. The room was too dark. "Just out."

"To Pucey's I assume?"

"Theo must've told you."

He shrugged, "I won't reveal my informer."

She rolled her eyes, "Okay, well bye."

He stood up, "You are not going to his house alone."

"Who's going to stop me?"

"I am. Scarlett, you need to stay away from him. He's not a person you should hang around."

"Well it's a little too late for that. He is my date to my ball."

Draco sighed, "Whatever Scarlett. I'm going to bed. Will you just wake me up when you get home and let me know you've made it back. That way I know you're safe."

She nods, "Will do."

-

Scarlett stepped out of the fireplace and into Adrian's living room. Sitting on the couch directly across from the fireplace was Theo Nott and Astoria Greengrass.

Theo smirked, "Pleasure seeing you again, Scar."

"You arse!" She exclaimed. "How come you're here? Does Draco know? Is that why he let me leave."

Theo shrugged, "Don't know. Astoria owled earlier and asked for me to be her plus one."

"I'm sure she did."

Astoria shook her head, "Draco came over and asked if I was coming here. I told him I was and he asked me to invite Theo."

Scarlett groaned, "Of course he did. Theo can you just go home? I don't need a babysitter. Can you and Draco just treat me like I'm not a child?"

Just then Adrian walked in, "What's going on here? Nott, why are you here?"

"Theo has been sent to spy on me." Scarlett informed him.

Adrian rolled his eyes, "Do you and Malfoy not trust me or something?"

Theo raised his hands in defense, "No one ever said that. Draco is just protective of her. She's basically his little sister. And for your information, I'm not spying, I'm here with my date, Astoria."

That seemed to be enough for Adrian to change the subject, turning back to Scarlett, "Want me to make you a drink?"

She nodded, walking closer to him, he placed his arm on her lower back and guided her through the house.

As they walked away, she turned her head back to look at Theo. His jaw was clenched and he was trying to listen to what Astoria was telling him but it was obvious he wasn't interested. He didn't necessarily like Astoria, Draco did though, so he was trying to be nice and act interested for the sake of not blowing his cover.

Meanwhile Scarlett was once again sitting on the countertop of Adrian's kitchen. This time with Adrian instead of Theo.

Adrian was making some kind of blue drink for her, it was not a pretty shade of blue. More like an ugly mix of blue and green. She was going to ask him if he could make her what Theo did the other night but she didn't see the red stuff that Theo had used.