fifteen

08 July, 1997 (8:00p.m, Sunday)

After Theo Nott and Draco Malfoy excused themselves from dinner and began their walk along the grounds, to which Draco couldn't stop chuckling to himself. "Theo would be delighted to escort you. Isn't that right, son?"

Theo was rolling his eyes, Draco had been laughing for several minutes and it wasn't even funny. "Okay, Draco, it's gotten old. It was not that funny."

Draco turned to look at him, "You don't get it. He doesn't know how much Scarlett hates you. Her rants about you are so hate-filled. You and her dancing would be the highlight of my year. Absolutely hilarious. Did you see how red she got at the table? I swear if you have to dance with her, she'd purposely step on your feet over and over-"

Theo cut him off, "Okay, I get it! She hates me! I mean, to be honest, I thought she'd warmed up to me a little bit."

Draco scoffed, "She's a firm believer in keeping your friends close and your enemies closer. Did you see the way she glared at you this yesterday? When you walked in my room, if looks could kill, you would've been dead."

Theo nodded, "I'm sure." His voice laced in sarcasm, if only Draco knew.

If only Draco knew about the kiss they'd shared a week prior, the stolen glances, their fights, his stupid mistake of threatening the other boys.. Well, maybe Draco was right, if her looks could kill, he would be dead. But just a week ago, he wouldn't have been.

He fucked up the greatest thing that had happened to him so far. Except was it really that bad? It was honestly a good thing. Just a summer fling. They could've never had a real relationship. Draco would kill him and having a huge fallout with Draco would've been pointless if they dated just to inevitably break up. Why fuck up his best and longest friendship for a girl?

"Although, I am glad that she and Tori are getting along. I'm glad she's finally made a friend of her own. I think Tori will be a good friend for her to have. I've always felt bad that she's just followed me around. She needs girl friends."

"She was friends with Pansy for a bit."

"She didn't like Pansy that much and you know it."

Theo shrugged, "I don't like Crabbe and Goyle that much but I tolerate them."

"Well, no one really likes them. It's different with Astoria. She needs a good girl friend to associate with. Pansy just hung around to try and be close to me."

Theo scoffed, "Oh, like Astoria staying over isn't convenient for you."

Draco swatted his arm, "It is not! Honestly Theo, you act like I'm sneaking her in my room while Scarlett is asleep."

"Don't act like you haven't."

"I haven't! Meanwhile you have been in Scarlett's unsupervised while you were both drunk."

"I was only partially drunk."

"You were partially drunk in my little cousin's bedroom at two in the morning. What would Lucius think of that? What would your dad think of that?"

"Nothing because nothing happened! You'd kill me yourself."

"Damn right. Remember that. I'm glad she doesn't like you. Because if she did we could never hang out here. It'd make me sick to watch her fall in love with you, you womanizer."