twenty eight

16 July, 1997 (6:22p.m, Monday)

After sitting in the hot sun for nearly two hours, the boys finally finished their game— they lost, so no Slytherin victory party would be happening tonight. Instead, Draco invited Astoria and Theo over to the house to hang out.

Lucius and Theodore were gone away on business and Narcissa had been in the library all afternoon. Scarlett, Theo, Draco, and Astoria were all sitting in the parlor. Theo and Draco were recounting their game plays and Scarlett and Astoria were gossiping very quietly in a different corner of the room.

"Did you see him staring at you during the game? He couldn't keep his eyes off you!" Astoria was whispering to Scarlett.

She shook her head, "Well that's probably why they lost."

Astoria laughed, "It definitely was, the snitch was coming right at him, he so missed it because he was watching what you were doing instead."

"I kind of feel bad about that." Scarlett confessed.

"Don't feel bad about it, did you see how they looked coming off the field? Draco looked so hot!"

"They looked mad."

"But it was hot!" Astoria argued.

Scarlett laughed. Draco looked over at them, "What are you two laughing about?" He asked.

Astoria shrugged, "Nothing."

"Well obviously it's something if it has you two huddled together laughing over some mysterious thing that you won't share." Theo teased.

Astoria rolled her eyes, "It's a secret."

"I'm hungry." Scarlett complained, changing the subject before anyone could ask anymore questions.

"We just ate before the game." Draco replied. 

"That was over five hours ago, I think I'm going to go to Diagon Alley."

"You don't need to be going there by yourself." Theo mumbled.

Draco nodded, "Theo's right, why don't you just go find something in the kitchen?"

"Or Theo could go with her to Diagon Alley." Astoria suggested.

Draco looked confused, "Why would he want to go with her?"

Astoria shrugged, "He just said that she didn't need to go by herself, you obviously don't want to go anywhere, I'd offer to go with her myself but that still wouldn't be very safe with everything going on, but Theo and Scarlett would be just fine together."

Draco rolled his eyes, "I guess so, but I think they've been together too much recently. People are going to start suspecting things."

Scarlett tilted her head, "Suspecting what things?"

"Scarlett, you just broke up with Pucey, if people keep seeing you out and about with Theo they're going to begin thinking that you're dating him."