Chapter 1

It had always been Andrea's life goal to look and act her best, even when she was practically dying on the inside. The last couple of months had been nothing but hell for her, first she had been knocked up by a man who wasn't even remotely interested in her and shortly after that, her sister had been involved in a near fatal accident. Things had been touch and go for a second, but the doctors had been just on time to save her.

Nothing was ever the same for her, after those two tragic events but the former had had rather nasty after effects than the latter. For instance, because of one stupid mistake she had landed herself in a similar situation to Ximena, only this time, it would be a baby binding her to Omar rather than some merger conjured up due to greed. She would have definitely preferred an arranged marriage for money rather than an unwanted pregnancy.

It was odd how she'd easily given up her virginity to someone who preferred to play the field rather than commit. Warning bells went off in her head whenever she'd go sneaking around with him without the knowledge of her parents, or friends. It was exhilarating; for once in her life, she was breaking her rules and overstepping all the inhibitions she'd been so careful to follow.

It was all peaches and cream until that one fateful decision came to bite her in the ass, hard.

But it was way too late to take that all back, she had made her bed and now she had no choice but to lie on it. And she had made it a point to forget about how she had disappointed pretty much everyone around her, including herself.

Andrea had never been a pushover, but for once, she let herself be pushed over...onto a bed and had her innocence taken away in the broad daylight. To a certain extent, the way he'd made her feel so desirable, so ecstatic...for just a millisecond, it all felt worth it that she could have shared such a beautiful intimate moment with someone like Omar.

He was the very definition of sinfully handsome.

It was no wonder a lot of women chased after him, from all over the globe, she had come to learn after her father did a background check on him. He never lasted more than two weeks with the same woman, and some of the ladies he'd been linked with had him banned in several places in many countries! Some were famous, some were royal and all were crazy about him.

"Of all people it just had to be this philanderer?" Emilio, her father, had sniffed in distaste a few days later after the whole pregnancy fiasco.

She had been so used to that disappointment being directed at everyone else but her. It's not like he was condoning her actions, but he was supremely put off by the fact that she had entertained the likes of Omar. Even his own friends didn't think too highly of him, and that was saying something. Maybe she should have taken a hint or two from the moment they had met back at Ximena's birthday party a couple of months back.

Back then, she had been desperate to distract herself from the meagre celebration which was just another soiree for her parents' rich and famous associates, and their equally snobby children, whom by the way, were not even anywhere near being her age. The only teenagers at the party had been her and her twin brother, Salvador, who was distracted by the female companion he had brought along with him. So, it was only right for her to seek a distraction; a drop dead gorgeous one too.

The truth is, Andrea had always admired Ximena and her best friend, Chelsea. All she ever wanted was to be like them, have everything that they had. Her sister had Adriano, and it was very obvious that Santiago wanted to be with Chelsea more than anything. Omar had already tried his luck with both of them, so really, it seemed only reasonable that she shoot her shot with him.

Oh, how that had been the worst decision of the century!

The first thing that came to her mind when she found out she was pregnant had been abortion but she quickly discarded that demonic thought before it could materialise. How could she have possibly lived with herself after knowing that she'd let an innocent being be killed just because of her foolishness? Not to mention the repercussions and possibility of not ever being able to conceive again.