Chapter 13

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Omar ended up extending his trip in London. It hadn't been his plan at all but when he went to visit his mother at his parents' house, she had asked him to stay a bit longer. Truth be told she was lonely, given that all the others had moved out and lived at their own places. And since Omar had been mostly staying in Miami now, she had nobody to talk to besides her usual circle of rich housewives.

Who could ever say no to their mother?

But it really should have just ended there. In spite of his better judgement, he also gave into going to hit up a few parties and clubs with his friends one night, and let's just say things got a little out of hand. Not only did he get carried away with his usual habits but he also got drunk beyond his limit, only to end up in bed with not one but three women he couldn't recognize. He felt so bad about it and the worst was he had no recollection of what had transpired that wild night.

The news about him being back in town and painting it red with the lads spread like wildfire. It was all thanks to the effective grapevine in their community of socialites who had nothing better to do than indulge in shameless gossip. He just hoped that his father or anybody else he knew hadn't caught wind of it, but there was no such like. Amir had been righteously outraged, and had to have his team of publicists dissolve the matter before it got too far. Little did he know that the damage had already been done.

On another note, he had missed Andrea terribly even if it had just been three days since he'd seen her. When he texted her, he waited eagerly for her response but to no avail. He even resorted to dialing her but no of his calls went through, as though she had blocked him. But why would she do that? The last time they were together he had made concerted efforts to make her feel comfortable and loved, or so he thought. What had gone wrong in such a short space of time?

He concluded his matters in England, said his goodbyes to mother, Hakim and father before he grabbed a first-class ticket back to Miami. He was desperate to get back there, and he couldn't for the life of him tell why he had the sudden urge to be near Andrea. Was it true that absence makes the heart grow fonder?

The plane touched down at the airport around half past six on a Sunday evening. After going through security and all that jazz, he hastily paced over to his McLaren he had left parked at the airport private parking space and immediately drove in the direction of the Dos Ramos mansion. When he got there, he almost thought he'd gotten the wrong address because it was way too packed and noisy to be the residence of Emilio Dos Ramos.

By the looks of it, a party was in full swing and there were so many teenagers that he couldn't count. None of that mattered because there was one teenager in particular that he was looking for, but the task was certainly not simple. He searched high and low for her in the gigantic house, but not once had he seen her or her twin brother. After almost giving up, that's when one of the party goers in the kitchen told him that she had stepped outside the kitchen door.

Thank God, he had found her, and just in time too. Till now, his blood was practically still boiling at the position he had found her in. Omar was ready to murder that boy. How dare he lay his hands on his Andrea? What kind of a person would ever think to force their advances on someone? Just the idea of it sickened him. Where the hell had Salvador been when all this had been happening? The little boy looked so scared and worried that Omar had half a mind to kick his ass to for negligence.

Omar wanted to know the name of the man, better yet, boy who had almost taken advantage of Andrea. He would have asked her, but she looked to be still shaken up from the unruly encounter judging by the way she was shriveled up in the passenger seat like a worm in a cocoon. Seeing like that, with the tear-stricken face that was flushed too, made his grip on the steering wheel tighten so much that his knuckles were blanched.