Chapter 29

Andrea attempted to make herself comfortable in the limousine and glanced at Omar, who now seemed tense for some reason. “Why do you look weird?” she asked him, and he sighed, looking down at his lap with his hands clasped.

“I’m just trying to not screw this up. I know how much prom means to you and, I more or less ruined it for you. I didn’t want you to be sad today,” he muttered sincerely. Andrea chuckled and then moved closer to him before taking one of his huge hands in her smaller hands.

She smiled at him. “Omar, you didn’t ruin prom for me. We did what we did but it wasn’t like we knew this would happen. I have no regrets, and I hope you don’t have any either. Whatever you have planned, I know it’s going to be great,” she told him whilst rubbing the dorsum of his hand.

“I don’t have any regrets. I’m glad you’re in my life and I want you to be always by my side…with our child,” he coughed the last part awkwardly trying not to sound weird. “You have so much faith in me, now I’m afraid to disappoint you. What if you don’t like it?”

Andrea playfully rolled her eyes. “I don’t want to be a snitch or anything, but I already know what you had planned. Chelsea told me, and she heard from Santiago,” she laughed, and Omar’s obsidian eyes darkened infinitesimally.

That little bastard. I’m going to get him back for this. It was too late to have anything changed as they were already almost at the vineyard, where he’d had a candlelit dinner set up right in the middle of the fields, among the budding plants. It was an auspicious night for love and the full moon just made everything right. It was not as cold as other nights since summer was now fast approaching.

When the driver pulled up to the parking space in the front of the office complex attached to the vineyard, he got out and opened the door for both to exit. Holding his arm out to Andrea, she happily linked hers with his and then he led her through the building, along a central path in the maze-like shrubs, approaching where rose petals littered the ground. It was all so lovely, and Andrea looked around in astonishment. “This place is beautiful,” she remarked, drinking in the green sites and taking in the smell of earth. “You’re doing an amazing job.”

“Thanks. I try my best,” he replied with a humble shrug.

Nothing had prepared her for what was at the end of path. What she had expected was some run of the mill set up from a movie set, but she should have expected the complete opposite. She was left speechless, seeing the sheer opulence of the dinner he’d planned. It was very over the top and expensive, like it had been taken out of a restaurant with a Michelin star. In other words, it was very Omar.

When she paused in her movements with no facial expression, Omar was starting to get a bit worried. He came to stand in front of her and held her by the shoulders. “What’s wrong? Do you not like it?” he asked her, almost with a stutter.

Instead of getting a verbal response, Andrea placed her lips on his. It was very unexpected; nevertheless, he quickly reciprocated and poured all his feelings towards her into it. Never in the past would he have ever imagined such a spontaneous move from her, but whatever the case, he liked it.

Pulling away, she cupped his cheek. “I love it, and I love-,” she stopped when she realized what she was about to say. Yes, she knew exactly what she was about to say, but there was no way in heaven or hell was she ready to say it. She felt it, but admitting it was another thing altogether. Shaking from her daze, she took his hand instead and smiled. “Let’s get this dinner started, shall we?” she said and then dragged him towards the table decorated with flowers, candles, and chocolates. Omar pulled out a chair for her to sit and then assumed the one next to her.