Chapter 34

It had been almost two months since Omar had seen Andrea, and to say that it was a hell would be the understatement of the century. He did check in with Salvador every day, more than once per day and by now, it was getting increasingly hard for him not to just up and head back to Miami to beg for her forgiveness. But he knew he couldn’t do that, not when his plan was about to go into motion.

Amir had been playing the grieving almost grandfather, even going as far as comforting his son and allowing him to extend his stay in London until now. To the unsuspecting eye, he really did seem hurt by all that had transpired and was sympathizing with his youngest son. He played the part very well but despite all the kind and comforting words he’d received from his father, each and every one of his father’s actions repulsed him to no end.

In the time that he’d been spending in his parents’ house, he still went about his business but for the better part his time, he’d been sneaking around meeting with different people and with Navid’s help, he had gathered enough intel to make sure that his father would be locked up for a very long time. And by the looks of it, Hakim wouldn’t escape being behind bars either. His mother was on board with everything, even though their family’s image would be taking a huge hit, and the reputation would surely be tainted for a while.

All of that didn’t matter to Omar, just as long as his daughter and Andrea got their justice.

“I’m actually frightened by the number of things dad has done just to have his way. It’s horrendous. I can’t believe we’re related to him,” Navid muttered in contempt, walking over to the window in Omar’s office.

Omar was twirling a stress ball in his hand. He had purchased one a few weeks ago to help him stay calm even when his world threatened to implode. “You should know since you were more or less on the same path as him,” he commented coldly, keeping his gaze trained ahead.

Navid sighed and glanced at his brother. “Omar, I have apologized countless times for my misgivings. I was never fully on board with any of the things he or Hakim did. My conscience wouldn’t allow me to do everything he told me,” he tried to argue, earning a chilling glare from his younger brother.

“You are to blame as well. I had half a mind to have the Dos Ramos family sue you as well for defamation because you are the one who went to see that old bastard Humberto in Spain. What the hell were you thinking? Just because you wanted to see me down. What did I ever do to you?” Omar asked him with his head tilted.

As far as Omar knew, he had never done anything remotely bad to his siblings to deserve the hatred that emanated from them each time they were within each other’s proximity. All his life he had wanted to fit in with them, just be one of them since they did share DNA and all…but his older brothers only ever treated him like shit. Marisha was emotionally detached so he hadn’t even bothered to get close to her either.

“I was jealous,” Navid admitted earnestly. “You were always mum’s favorite, with all the shenanigans she loved you to a fault. Although dad reprimanded you for your idiotic actions, we all knew that you were the one child whom he wanted the best for.”

Omar slapped the table. “That’s not true! We all know that dad loves Hakim the most. If that were not so, then why do you think he is the one likely to become the next CEO? Hell, he was born to be the heir apparent,” he remarked with a snarl.

Navid sighed, slipping his hands into his pocket. “You’re mistaken. Do you know the real reason why Hakim wanted to let dad take the blame for it all? It was because he found out that dad was planning on making you the next CEO. I guess I got roped into that toxic loop of greed and envy, thinking that I deserved more than you did but, in the end, I realized it was all not worth it,” he mumbled in remorse and slight mortification. “You’re my little brother and I should have protected you instead of turning against you. For that, I’ll forever be sorry, and I hope that one day you will be able to fully forgive me.”

Omar had waited so long for a moment like this, to hear the truth behind his brother’s hateful looks and cold shoulder but now that he’d heard his side of the story, it left him nauseated. He was angry, without a doubt but another part of him also pitied Navid. He had been a mere pawn, going wherever the wind blew him. It was indeed very sad. The one’s to blame for this were his parents for never giving him much attention and never allowing him to develop emotionally.

He stood from his seat and went to stand beside his brother. Extending his arm, he placed his palm on Navid’s shoulder. “You were a huge asshole,” he began, eliciting a laugh from his older brother. “And even though you don’t deserve my forgiveness, I do forgive you Navid. I hope we can put this ugliness behind and look ahead.”

“Thank you,” Navid said with a small smile before hugging his brother. For the briefest moment, Omar was taken aback by the gesture. He’d never received an embrace from his siblings. It felt really odd but he reciprocated it. Just like all sweet moments, someone just had to interrupt it.

The door burst open and in strolled Hakim with an insufferable swagger in his step, face as hard as stone. “Oh, are we having a sweet brother to brother moment? Hate to ruin it, but we do have some matters to attend to,” he droned in boredom. Omar and Navid broke apart, both rolling their eyes at their older brother’s bluntness. “If you’ve forgotten, we’re hosting a benefit tonight and seeing that it’s already well over 2 PM, we need to make sure everything is in place. Dad’s assistant will be joining us.”

“Since you’re always on top of everything, why don’t you do it by yourself?” Omar snarled at him.
Hakim shrugged. “I don’t feel like it today. So, get your lazy asses downstairs, we leave in 10.” With that, he strolled out of the office, slamming the door shut behind him.

“I really don’t like him,” Navid breathed, readjusting his cufflinks.

Omar clicked tongue in agreement. “Neither do I. Let’s go before he comes back and pollutes us with his toxic masculinity.” They both chuckled at this before leaving the room together.

                                                                                      ***

The night was off to a perfect start. There were many people in attendance, with the intention to showcase their pricey wardrobes and how much money they had to flaunt on charitable causes. Omar had been attending such events since he was a child, to gain business acumen and learn human relations. Sure, he’d acquired those skills and had mastered them too, but now, being at such events didn’t bode well with him.

Although there was a good cause behind the party, he, on the other hand, had an ever greater quest. Tonight, would be the night of the downfall of Amir Pedrad. There were many incognito press members and news reporters he had given invites on the condition that they remained unseen. When the time came for Amir to give his speech, Omar would then step in an expose all of the evil deeds he’d done.

Being under the same roof as Amir, knowing full well that he was the reason behind the demise of his own child wasn’t particularly easy. When Omar had done enough digging using his own trusted sources, he had found out that Andrea’s accident was not just an accident. There had been two vehicles driven by two men with specific instructions to take her out. They’d already come clean after a lot of blackmail, and now they were behind bars with hefty prison sentences for attempted murder. Omar had taken extra precautions to make sure the news didn’t get to Amir.

He made his rounds circling the venue, making sure his people were in place and that the attendants were enjoying. He had a flute of champagne in one hand, which he would sip on from time to time. From where he stood, he had a perfect view of his father and mother socializing with some guests, and of Hakim and Laura, who were apparently going strong. It’s not like Omar cared; if Hakim was fine with his sloppy seconds then so be it.

Navid appeared beside him, dressed in a dark purple velvet jacket and black dress pants, paired with shiny Italian shoes. “A lot of high-profile people are here tonight. That’s a very good thing,” he said lowly, hands in his pockets.

Omar hummed and took another sip of his champagne. “Very good indeed. It will make this all the more scandalous.”

“And we both know that starting scandals is your thing,” Navid joked, and Omar cracked a smile.

He shrugged. “What can I say? I dabble but we both know the queen of scandals is Marisha. At your nine o’clock, she’s shamelessly flirting with the son of a politician whom she once hooked up with,” he said and pointed to his sister who was indeed passing flirtations looks at a light skinned young man who looked like he’d rather vomit than talk to her. Her outfit, a black sweetheart necked mermaid gown, left little to the imagination. Once a drama queen, always a drama queen.

And so, the night went on at an alarmingly slow pace. There was the initial mingling, the dining with many, many courses that seemed to have no end. Finally, the time for speeches arrived and Omar sat up straighter in his seat. The other occupants of his table included his family members and Laura, who for some reason, kept glancing at him with a lip bite from time to time, which he blatantly ignored. He wasn’t interested his hooking up with many women anymore. His heart was taken, and it belonged to one Andrea Dos Ramos.

As Amir stood behind the podium on the stage, basically looking down on everyone like he had a higher status than them, Omar smirked inwardly at the irony of how smug he looked now and how emasculated he would look soon. His speech began and everyone sat still, taking in his encouraging words that portrayed him as a paragon of virtue. What a hypocrite, Omar thought with a scoff.

“As I bring my speech to a conclusion, there is an announcement I’d like to make,” Amir said and then scanned the crowd before his eyes landed on Omar. “I would like to take this opportunity to appoint my next in line,” he said with a small smile.

Laura squealed. “Oh my gosh, babe. Is he talking about you?” she asked Hakim lowly and gave his arm a squeeze. Hakim had already worn a triumphant look and flattened the lapels of his tuxedo.

Amir cleared his throat. “The one who will be taking over from my position of CEO of the Pedrad Industries will be my youngest son, Omar Pedrad,” he said with an unwavering determination. A lot of people gasped, as did Omar. He hadn’t been expecting that at all and for a split second, he felt bad for what he was about to do…then he remembered what Amir had done and his fisted his hand underneath the table.

Hakim did a double take, looked at his father with wide eyes and his jaw slackened. Then he gazed over at Omar, hot fury blazing in his eyes. “What the f—k?” he bellowed, so loud that people from the surrounding tables looked over at him, eyebrows heavenward.

“I would like for him to come up and share a few words on the journey he will be beginning soon. Come on up, son,” Amir voiced politely, and people began to clap, encouraging Omar to stand from his seat. His mother, sister and brother Navid were both clapping for him with a smile and he made his way towards the podium, face expressionless.

Once he made it up to the stage, Amir gave him a hug, which he stiffly returned. Amir then held him by the shoulders and smiled broadly. Out of all his siblings, Omar was the one who looked like his father the most, especially when he smiled. Suddenly he had indigestion and felt like puking all over the stage. Amir moved over for Omar to stand behind the microphone.

He looked at the masses. “Thank you, father, for this opportunity. I’d like to say that you’ve been a great mentor to me and my brothers, but we all know that’s not true,” he began, and people laughed, thinking it was a joke. “That would not be at all true because had I turned out like you, I’d have been guilty of fraud, larceny, deceit, malice, attempted murder and murder,” he added with a bright tone.

Amir gave him a sharp look as a round of gasps erupted in the hall. “What are you doing?” he seethed into Omar’s ear.

Omar offered him a grin. “I’m showing the whole world who the real Amir Pedrad is.”

____________________________________

Hey people! I hope you're all well and the week is going great.

Omar is back and he's back with a punch. I know some might have been mad at him but he's doing his best to redeem himself and fight for the justice of his child and Andrea.

Next chapter is going to be full fledged DRAMA 🤭🤭🤭

Remember to vote, comment and share 🥰.

~Deetronite 💟