Chapter 6

It was a bright Sunday morning, but for Andrea it wasn’t anything to be happy about. She had woken up with a bad case of morning sickness. It was so terrible to the point that she thought that she would vomit her intestines out. When she was assured that the unexpected bout of puking had ended, she had collapsed back onto her bed, pretty much drenched in sweat. 

The door opened and a voice spoke. “Are you doing okay?” Salvador asked from where he stood. Andrea was face down on top of her bed, and instead of giving an actual response she groaned out loud. Salvador shut the door before going over to her and sitting next to her. “Andrea?”

She painstakingly propped herself up on her forearms and looked at him with a weak smile. “I’m great,” she managed to say but her voice came out hoarse and frail. Her tongue felt like sandpaper and her throat like someone had poured boiling lava down it.

Salvador frowned at this before bringing his hand up to her forehead. “You’re burning up a bit. And don’t lie to me about being great, I heard your dry heaving all the way from my room. Should I alert mum?” he said, not bothering to hide his concern. Usually, Salvador was the ‘idgaf’ type of guy but ever since they’d gone to Rhett’s party, he had been acting nicer than usual.

She shook her head, and leaned away from his hand. “I said I’m fine,” she repeated, causing him to give her a pointed look. 

“Clearly you’re not. I can see that this is taking its toll on you. In fact, you shouldn’t be going through this alone. You know what, I’m going to call that stupid bastard Omar right now and give him my two cents,” he rambled and stood up abruptly. Before he could leave, Andrea caught his arm.

She bit her lip. “No, please don’t do that. I’m fine, honestly. I don’t want him here,” she mumbled sadly. Omar had made it abundantly clear that he didn’t really care about her, or the child they were having. For all she knew, he could be currently entertaining one of his female companions, since it seemed like he had an array of those. Just the mere thought of it made her heart constrict. “It’s just morning sickness, okay. Nothing to worry about.”

Salvador shrugged her hand away before laughing in incredulity. “Are you kidding? That hijo de puta should be right here taking care of you since he was man enough to put that baby inside of you. I don’t give a damn about your pride or his, I won’t just sit around and let you suffer like this,” he yelled before storming out of the room.

Andrea sighed before willing herself to get off the bed and into her bathroom in order to get herself ready for the day. The effects of her morning sickness were starting to fade and by the time she stepped out of the shower, she was feeling more refreshed. She blew dry her hair and went over to her closet where she chose a Gucci hoodie and a pair of jeggings, plus some fluffy socks. She wasn’t planning on going anywhere soon and would probably end up studying after having some food.

After doing her bed and tidying up a bit, she went over to her full-length mirror inside her closet and lifted the jersey up and looked at her tummy in the mirror. For sure, the surface had become slightly bulged but it was not so noticeable. She rubbed her hand over it and bit her lip in angst. So, I’m really going to be a mother huh?

She continued to look at herself until she heard a knock at her door. It was probably one of the maids coming to tell her that it was time for breakfast, as it was already almost nine in the morning. She shuffled over to the door and opened, only to find a sheepish looking Omar at the other end.

Andrea blinked. “What are you doing here?”

Salvador appeared from behind Omar and entered her room, along with Omar. “I told him to come,” he said gruffly.