chapter 16: mighty dick

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

'I wish I'd been there.' Kiri said, looking at Lo'ak as everybody sat around by a tree. 'The ocean blessed you with a gift, brother.'

'The tulkun have not returned yet. And anyway, no tulkun is ever alone.' Aonung explained, leaning onto the tree.

Neteyam looked rather annoyed by every word that left Aonung's mouth.

'This one was.' Lo'ak told him before he turned to Tsireya. 'He had a missing fin. Like a stump on the left side.'

'Poor tulkun.' Tuk said from behind him, making Ikariya smile at her cuteness.

Then, Tsireya realized something. 'Payakan.' She told Lo'ak before she turned to Aonung and Rotxo. 'It's Payakan.'

'Who's Payakan?' Kiri asked, frowning.

'A young bull who went rogue. He is outcast, alone. And he has a missing fin.' Rotxo explained to them.

Tsireya turned back to Lo'ak, tilting her head. 'They say he is a killer.'

'No— No.' Lo'ak said.

'He killed Na'vi and other tulkun.' Aonung told him, making Neteyam roll his eyes a bit. This was all bullshit. 'Not here, but far to the south.'

'Lo'ak.' Tsireya said, making him look at her. 'You are lucky to be alive.' She held his arm, making him hold hers as well.

Lo'ak sighed. 'I'm telling you guys, he saved my life.' He turned his head to the others. 'He's my friend.'

Neteyam stood up, making Ikariya watch him with a weird expression on her face. What was he doing? 'My baby bro,' He walked over to Lo'ak, grabbing his shoulders. 'The mighty warrior who faced a killer tulkun and lived to tell about it.' What a dick move, Ikariya thought.

Lo'ak rolled his eyes, standing up. 'You guys aren't listening.'

'Lo'ak, I'm listening!' Tuk yelled before Kiri tried to prevent him from walking away. But he already did.

Ikariya sighed before she stood up, side eyeing Neteyam while walking after Lo'ak. 'Lo'ak!'

'You skxawng.' Kiri said to her older brother.

'Lo'ak wait up!' Ikariya caught up to him, grabbing his wrist. His mad expression changed into a confused one as she sat down where she was standing. She was sitting in the middle of the beach, on the sand.

'What are you doing?' He tilted his head, frowning.

She tugged on his arm. 'Tell me. I'm listening.' She really did want to know what Payakan was like. She'd heard about tulkun but she's never met one. And he did like it that she told him to explain further. He sat down too and explained everything. How he tried to apologize to Ayuo for hitting him, how they'd asked him to come hunting with them, how he was left behind, how an akula attacked him and how Payakan came and saved the day.

Ikariya didn't know what to think of it. She found Lo'ak stupid for believing them and going with them. But she was also still extremely mad because those idiots left him all alone. When she sees one of those morons again, she doesn't know if she can hold back anymore.

'He seems nice.' Ikariya told him, smiling a bit. It made Lo'ak happy, that someone finally listened to him. She was a good listener. Maybe he should confide in her more often.

Lo'ak stood up, making Ikariya do the same. 'He is. I'm going back to him now. Please don't tell the others.' He begged her, grabbing her hand.

'I promise I won't.' She said, chuckling a bit.

'Thank you.' He smiled before he waved goodbye, walking off again.

'What was that about?' Ikariya jumped to the sound of another person, turning around.

'Fuck, Neteyam.' Neteyam stood right behind her. He scared the shit out of her.

Neteyam had been watching them this whole time. When Lo'ak left feeling a bit better than he did before, Neteyam felt at ease. It was good knowing they had Ikariya here to comfort him.

He looked at Ikariya, waiting for her to answer his question. 'What?' She asked, looking at him with a puzzled expression on her face.

'What were you talking about?' He asked again.

'About Payakan. You know, since Tuk and I are the only ones who want to listen to him about that.' Ikariya said, crossing her arms.

Neteyam rolled his eyes at her. 'Come on, you know that's bullshit.'

'No. You know what's bullshit? You mocking him. You were being a mighty dick.' She spat out.

Neteyam scoffed, looking at her in disbelief. 'I'm sorry?'

'Maybe you should apologize to Lo'ak instead of me.' Ikariya raised an eyebrow.

'You know that's not what I meant.'

'I don't care about what you meant. Go apologize.' Ikariya looked at Neteyam shuffling uneasily with his feet.

He rolled his eyes again, looking away from her. 'Fine.'

'Thanks.' Ikariya said, pleased as she once again will get what she wants.

'But you have to do something for me too.' Hearing Neteyam say that made her frown. Why was he trying to make a compromise? She nodded, wanting him to tell her the answer. 'Make me a new set of arrows.'

'What?' Ikariya asked in disbelief. She was checking if he actually meant it. But he wasn't laughing so that probably meant he was serious.  'Absolutely the fuck not. Why?'

'I've seen your arrows. They're amazing.' Neteyam admitted. He didn't want to give her such a compliment but he had to because he had to give her a reason.

'Were you snooping around in my stuff?' She asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing her arms.

'Of course. I had to make sure you weren't some kind of crazy killer or some shit.' Neteyam frowned. 'But fine, if you don't want to help me then I won't listen to you. Simple.'

Ikariya exhaled sharply. 'Fine, you asshole.'

Neteyam looked pretty pleased with himself. He'll get new arrows and he doesn't even have to do anything for it. Well, apologize to Lo'ak but that's basically nothing. Lo'ak will accept his apology immediately. He probably forgot what just happened anyways. 'Pleasure doing business with you.' He nodded before walking away, smirking to himself.

Ikariya grunted, looking at him while he walked off. He's got a cute ass though.