chapter 18: eyelash ripper

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Ikariya couldn't believe her eyes. She was standing inside of Neteyam and Lo'ak's room because she was supposed to sleep there tonight. But she was mortified by what she saw.

'I am going to rip his eyelashes out one by one.' Ikariya said. She had a murderous look in her eyes.

Neteyam was silent for a second, slowly turning his head to face her. 'You scare the shit out of me.'

'Good.' She said while looking at him before moving further inside the room. She looked at the mat in front of her again. It was a funny story. No, hilarious even. Lo'ak's mat was missing. Like, actually missing. It wasn't there. Only Neteyam's was. And Ikariya knew this wasn't by mistake. 'I mean, why would he even do that? Dirty little man-whore.'

Neteyam followed her, watching her from behind. 'I don't know what he's planning on doing with Tsireya tonight,'

'I could get my own mat.' Ikariya turned around, facing Neteyam as she pointed behind her.

He quickly shook his head. 'No, that'll raise suspicion.' He looked to the mat. 'We will have to make do.' He didn't want to realize it, but he actually wanted to sleep on his mat with her. Why? He didn't know. She was annoying and childish. But he did know that she was beautiful and let's be honest, who would say "no" to a gorgeous lady in your bed?

She sighed, turning around again. 'You're right.' Either her mind had turned against her or she'd actually gone insane. She wasn't appalled to the idea of sleeping with Neteyam next to her. Sure, he'd been an absolute dick. Well, she thought he was. But something told her that it wasn't really what he's usually like. He was caring and sweet. If you saw him with Tuk, he'd pick her up when she asked him to. When she couldn't sleep, he would cuddle her until she could. And he fought for Kiri and Lo'ak the other day. Like, actually fought. Ikariya couldn't help but feel a little warm when she saw how strong he was. He was absolutely kicking their asses. It looked amazing.

Neteyam slowly moved over to the mat, sitting down on it. 'Come on.' He jerked his head to the side, indicating that she could lay down as he fell backwards.

Ikariya sighed, laying down next to him. They were laying like two straight wooden sticks, arms pressed to their bodies. Ikariya looked around, making sure to not catch Neteyam's eyes.

You know what? This is bullshit. She wasn't going to lay awake all night because Neteyam was laying next to her. She needed to rest too. So she turned to her side, feeling a little uncomfortable but doing it nonetheless, as she suddenly felt something touch her. 'Take your hand off my ass.'

'And what if I like it there?' Neteyam said, smirking to himself.

'Neteyam!'

'Eywa— fine. It was just a joke. Calm down.' He said, rolling his eyes. 'I was trying to move my arm but your humongous ass got in the way.'

'I am seriously going to strangle you in your sleep.' She moved around a little bit, not too awkward anymore to "accidentally" hit him in the face with her tail as she did. When she was finally settled in, she closed her eyes.

It was silent for a bit, nobody saying a word. But there was this weird tension in the air, like anyone was going to say something any minute.

'I was wrong.' Neteyam started, whispering a bit. When Ikariya didn't respond, he explained a little further. 'You don't get Lo'ak into trouble all the time. I mean, you do get him in trouble. But not all the time.' He heard her sigh, her chest falling down. 'And I see how you protect him. You really care for him, don't you?'

Ikariya bit the inside of her cheek. 'I do. He was my first ever friend.' She smiled to herself, turning around to find Neteyam already facing her. He was close. Really close. But she tried to shake it off. 'Believe it or not, he taught me a lot of things.' She chuckled, accidentally looking into Neteyam's eyes. She shouldn't have done that.

Neteyam agreed, she shouldn't have looked into his eyes like that. The way she looked at him was driving him crazy. Those beautiful golden eyes burning into his. 'Stop looking at me like that.' His voice got a little darker, deeper if you will.

Ikariya's eyebrows twitched as she softly gulped. She could swear that he briefly looked at her lips just a few seconds ago. She could feel her cheeks burning up. She shouldn't be so nervous. Damnit, Riya. Get your act together. Her breathing picked up, her heartbeat increasing.

Neteyam's heart was pounding out of his chest. It felt like he was having a heart attack. And the way she didn't listen to what he said, intrigued him even more. She was still looking at him with those eyes. Why did she softly bite her lip like that thinking Neteyam wouldn't notice? He did. And it drove him crazy.

There! He's doing it again. He's looking at her lips. Ikariya didn't want to say it, but in this moment she's experiencing some crazy sensations that she's never felt before. She enjoyed it so much. She was so mad at herself that she enjoyed it. Stupid Neteyam with his stupidly gorgeous smile and stupidly perfect face.

Wait, did Lo'ak do this on purpose? Ikariya was thinking about how he probably saw the two of them in the water that day of the bonfire.

Truth be told, Lo'ak wasn't fond of the two of them getting close. Why? Because he had to share almost everything with his siblings. But now he had something that was all his. He didn't have to share her with anyone. And he didn't want to share the title of best friend either. He was fine with Ikariya getting a boyfriend someday. Lo'ak wasn't afraid that she wouldn't spend much time with him. Because let's face it, we all know she would. But he didn't like the idea of his brother with his best friend. Because what if they split up and she didn't want to see him anymore? It would only complicate things.

Ikariya's mind stopped wandering and she felt her eyes become a little heavy. Neteyam noticed, closing his eyes before she did. And after admiring him for just the tiniest second, she fell asleep.