chapter 26: guilt

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Words couldn't describe how much guilt Ikariya was feeling right now. But at the same time, she experienced a euphoric feeling that she'd never felt before. Every time she was with Neteyam, the world became nothing but a blur. It was like the two of them were in the center of it all. All the noise became muffled sounds, white noise if you will.

Of course they were kissing. That was basically the only thing the two of them would do when they were together. Well, that's not entirely true. They would talk. For hours upon hours. Mostly at night, when Lo'ak was sound asleep. Like right now.

They were laying underneath the stars on a simple rock in the ocean. Neteyam had his arms wrapped around Ikariya. She was extremely comfortable, feeling his strong arms hold her. She was fidgeting with his fingers as he played with a few of her braids. 'Can I tell you a secret?' Neteyam spoke gently, looking at the girl in his arms.

'Sure.'

'I've always known to make arrows like that. My mother taught me how to make them exactly like you do.' Neteyam confessed, a smirk already creeping up on his face.

Ikariya sat up straight, looking at him. 'What?'

'I just wanted to spend more time with you.' He shrugged.

'You lied to me!' Ikariya scoffed, laughing in disbelief.

'Oh Eywa, I am so sorry for what I've done.' Neteyam playfully joked, looking up at the sky. 'I promise to never do it again!'

Ikariya watched his act with a raised eyebrow. 'Eywa may forgive you, but I won't.'

Neteyam playfully rolled his eyes, wrapping his arms around her again and rolling over.

☆彡

Sneaking out was the easy part, they'd been doing it for days. But sneaking back in was harder. Every whisper, every step. It all sounded a lot louder at this time of night.

The sun was already starting to rise. The pair fell asleep on the rock again like they did almost every night. The rock wasn't comfortable, to say the least. But being together was what mattered.

They gave each other a peck on the lips before they parted ways. Neteyam walked back into his side of the pod with Lo'ak laying in it while Ikariya stepped into her own private area.

It was no use to sleep right now, since the sun was already rising. A yawn escaped Ikariya's mouth. You'd be surprised by how well she was sleeping. It wasn't the thing she was laying on, though that was mostly Neteyam instead of that wet rock, it was him that made her sleep well.

Ikariya laid down peacefully on her mat before somebody barged into her room. 'Morning!' She yelled, making Ikariya sit up straight.

'Morning, Tsireya.' She giggled, watching as the smiley girl sat down next to her. Ikariya raised an eyebrow, wondering what she was doing. 'What is it?'

'Okay okay, I'll tell you.' She bounced her feet up and down for a second, screeching as she held her hand in front of her mouth. 'Lo'ak kissed me yesterday!' She shook her hands excitedly.

A grin formed on Ikariya's lips. 'Oh my Eywa! How was it?' She asked her.

'It was— amazing. I don't even know how to describe it.' She looked up, reliving the moment for a bit. 'Lo'ak is just amazing.'

Ikariya smiled at Tsireya, happy because of how exited she is. 'You two are just too cute.' She said, laughing.

☆彡

Aonung rolled his eyes at a comment Lo'ak made as he yelled. 'Well at least I can sign the word "anemone" unlike you.' It made everybody snicker. He was so offended.

'Hey, off topic here but where were you last night?' Lo'ak looked at Ikariya. Luckily for her and Neteyam, she knew how to play it cool.

'Why?' She asked, frowning. She could feel everybody's eyes on here, including that one pair she loved.

He shrugged. 'Your mat was empty.'

'I was with Tsireya.' She lied. She was a good liar, sure, but she hated doing it. And to her best friend. She should feel ashamed. And that answer was also a little stupid because of the fact that Tsireya and Lo'ak kissed last night.

Neteyam smirked on the other side of the rock. Lo'ak nodded, turning away as Neteyam slowly made his way over to Ikariya. 'Oh?' He sounds amused, still having that smirk on his face as Ikariya didn't look at him. She knew that if she looked at him she would fall to her knees. He inched closer to her ear. 'Liar.' Ikariya's ear twitched as she felt his hot breath. Fuck.

'Stop that. You're going to rat us out.' She whispered, not even looking at him.

'Is it bad that I like sneaking around with you?' He continued to whisper, placing his hand on her lower back.

She gulped. 'Yes, very bad. He's your brother. Don't you feel the slightest bit of guilt?' She asked him, still not meeting his eye.

'Not when it's about you.'

Aonung shot a look over at Neteyam and Ikariya. His eyes showed great confusion. Neteyam stepped back a little.

'I have to talk to Tsireya to make sure she doesn't accidentally tell Lo'ak something.' Ikariya had to hold herself back from kissing him, the urge was strong but her determination much larger.

She called an ilu and dove into the ocean, swimming back to shore.

Tsireya was exactly where she thought she would find her. She was feeding the ilu. Ikariya looked down, realizing how much she's going to ask of her. But, Lo'ak can't find out this way.

'Reya?'