chapter 25: friendship bracelets

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

The next day was— tense, to say the least. Every time Ikariya would meet Neteyam's eyes, she couldn't look away and her cheeks would heat up. She kept thinking about last night and that kiss. That amazing kiss.

Ikariya was busy making friendship bracelets with Tuk. The little girl insisted on making them and eventually, Ikariya gave in. 'No, that bead has to go there!' Tuk said, picking the bead up and placing it somewhere else.

'Oh, I'm sorry. You're feeling a bit more bossy today than usual. You alright?' Ikariya asked her, making her look up.

'No. It has to be perfect.' Tuk said, looking down again. She was quite concentrated.

Ikariya frowned, putting her bracelet down. 'Why?'

'Because—'

'Because she likes a boy.' A low voice said, making the two girls fling their heads around.

Tuk huffed. 'Neteyam! I do not!'

'No, it's okay Tuk. It's nice to see you do something for the person you like. I can appreciate that.' Neteyam shot a look at Ikariya who couldn't meet his eyes. And he knew that. It made this whole interaction so much more fun. 'I love yours, Ikariya. Mind making one for me?' He raised an eyebrow, smirking down at her.

'Sure, no problem.' Ikariya still didn't meet his eyes, she just focussed on recreating the bracelet she'd almost finished.

'I don't like anybody!' Tuk continued, crossing her arms and frowning up at Neteyam.

He crouched down, placing his hand on her shoulder. 'It's okay if you like someone, Tuk. In fact, I like someone too.'

Hearing that made Ikariya's ears perk up. And Neteyam noticed. It made him smirk even more.

'Really? Who is it?' Tuk jumped up excitedly, grabbing his hand with both of hers.

Neteyam shook his head. 'Nah-ah, you won't tell me who you like so I won't tell you who I like.' He shook his finger from side to side.

'Sassy, are we?' Ikariya finally spoke up, grinning to herself as she continued what she was doing.

His eyes shifted over to her. 'I'm roleplaying as you. What do you think? Aren't we exactly the same?'

'No, I do it with more flair.' She joked, still not meeting his eyes.

That was enough, he thought. He made his way over to her, kneeled down and placed his hand underneath her chin to tilt her head up.

That's when her eyes finally met his.

It was like she was about to faint. That look in his eyes. Hunger. He was hungry for her. He craved her lips. 'Sassy, are we?' He had a thing for repeating her comments.

She felt weak in the knees, standing up. 'I have to talk to your brother.' Ikariya turned to Tuk, grabbing onto Neteyam's wrist. 'I'll be right back.'

She dragged the chuckling boy over to a tree behind the marui, nobody would see them. Ikariya looked around her and when she noticed there wasn't anybody here, she pushed Neteyam onto the tree and smashed her lips onto his. His hands found their way to her hip and her cheek, holding her tight. They kissed each other like this was the last time they'd see each other.

Ikariya pulled away to take a breath when Neteyam looked down at her with an amused smirk on his face. 'I thought you said we weren't supposed to do that anymore.'

'Shut up.' She said, sliding her hand behind his neck and pushing his face closer to kiss him again. She felt him smirk against her lips, deepening the kiss.

Once they stood there for long enough, they both walked back into the pod where Tuk was sitting.

Tuk looked up to them, their hair was messy and they were out of breath. 'What did you two do?'

'Yeah, what did you do?' Lo'ak appeared next to Tuk, making Ikariya jump for a second.

He had his arm draped around Tsireya, making Neteyam snicker. 'Wow Tsireya, I didn't know you fell for dumbasses.'

'Hey!' Lo'ak yelled.

Tsireya giggled, her hand finding its way up to her mouth. 'I think he's adorable.' She tugged on his cheek, kissing it after it turned red.

'You didn't answer my question!' Lo'ak said, pointing to Ikariya.

'What question?' She played dumb. Ikariya knew damn well what he meant. But she couldn't tell him like this. 'I don't remember you asking a question.' She turned to Neteyam. 'Do you?'

'I certainly do not.' He looked back at her, his mind still replaying what happened a few minutes ago. How could she be so calm, so collected. Like they weren't just making out for ten whole minutes behind a tree. They were sneaking around behind Lo'ak's back and he loved it. It was so exiting.

'You two exhaust me.' Lo'ak responded, rubbing the top of his nose as he sighed. 'Forget it.' He turned around, Tsireya waved goodbye and they left.

'Good riddance.' Ikariya laughed, looking back at Tuk. 'Did you finish?'

'Not yet.' Neteyam smirked, making Ikariya turn to him and slap his arm.

'I wasn't talking to you.' She said, walking back to Tuk and sitting down next to her.

'I did! Tada! Isn't it beautiful?' She showed her pretty bracelet and modeled it for the two. She planted Neteyam down next to Ikariya and walked around the pod with her arm up.

Ikariya and Neteyam laughed, looking at each other. She was too cute.

Neteyam's hand crept up to Ikariya's  thigh, finding a comfortable position and staying there. Ikariya looked at him through the corner of her eye, showing a small smirk.

Tuk wouldn't notice plus understand what was going on between them.

Or so they thought.

'Are you two in love?' She asked, pointing at his hand.

He quickly pulled his hand away, looking up at Tuk. 'What?'

'You heard me.' She folded her arms with a raised eyebrow.

Dang she was sassy. 'No, we aren't.' Ikariya told her. 'We're just friends.'

'Hmh, just friends who occasionally like to kiss each other.' Neteyam whispered so only Ikariya could hear.

She slapped him again as he smirked.

Tuk just shrugged and went on with her day. As Neteyam left, quickly looking around before placing a kiss on Ikariya's head, she found her heart beating uncontrollably.

Ugh, damn you Neteyam Sully.