chapter 20: worry

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

'We are here.' Tsireya was leading the group as they emerged from the water.

Ikariya couldn't believe her eyes. This was one of the most beautiful places she'd ever seen. The others looked like they thought so too.

'This is the cove of the ancestors, our most sacred place.' Tsireya told them, slowly moving forward.

The cove of the ancestors looked incredible, large floating rocks and beautiful greenery.

Ikariya blocked the sun with her hand, watching as the moon slowly appeared in front of it.

'Eclipse is the best time of day to be here.' And Tsireya was right, the whole cove lit up in beautiful bright colors.

What caught Ikariya's eye the most, was the large glowing tree underwater. 'Wow.' She gasped.

Neteyam looked at her face, she was in awe. It looked so cute. Something that kind of looked like a small smile formed on his face.

'This is it. This is the Spirit Tree.' Tsireya said, putting her hand into the water.

Tuk stood up, grabbing Kiri's shoulders to get a better look at it.

They all jumped off their ilu, Aonung trying to help Ikariya as she pushed him away and dove off herself. It made Neteyam snicker a bit.

They swam down, finally reaching the Spirit Tree. Tsireya signed that they should connect to it. When Ikariya looked to the side, she noticed Rotxo helping Tuk. A smile appeared on her face. Of course Aonung was right next to her, trying to help her. "I've got it" she signed to him, making him back away a bit.

She connected to the tree, hearing all of the voices. It was so incredible how Eywa connected all beings. The flora, the fauna and the Na'vi. You could hear the ancestors speaking. It was a mighty feeling. She loved how she could actually connect to the nature. And the nature meant a whole lot to her. She loved every living being, every single plant and she even grew to love the small bugs.

Ikariya got pulled out of her trance by the light of the tree dimming. When she looked to the side, she noticed Kiri. She was shaking. Like, actually shaking. She was having some kind of seizure. She swam to her, as quickly as she could.

Neteyam got to her first, grabbing her and pulling her up as Ikariya did the same on the other side. Rotxo, Tsireya and Tuk swam up too, trying to push her up as well. 'Come on!' Neteyam yelled as they pulled her out of the water. He was swimming up to his ilu.

'Kiri!' Tuk yelled, worried for her sister. 'Kiri!' She yelled again, hoping for a response.

Ikariya noticed, swimming up to her and grabbing her to make sure she didn't drown in panic.

Neteyam jumped up on his ilu, pulling Kiri on it as well.

'What is wrong? What is it?' Tuk asked Ikariya.

'It was a seizure.' She told her, worry in her voice. She watched as Neteyam preformed mouth to mouth on Kiri, hoping she'd breathe again.

'Is she breathing?' Rotxo was worried for the girl too. 'Is she breathing?' He asked again when Neteyam didn't answer him the first time.

The answer to his question became clear when Kiri took a large breath of air. Everybody was relieved she was still alive. Ikariya let out a sigh, holding her chest.

'Get her to the village!' Tsireya yelled out of breath.

'Let's go. Let's move.' Neteyam said, already swimming off.

'Tuk, come.' Ikariya grabbed Tuk's hand, flinging her onto an ilu and jumping behind her. They swam right behind Neteyam and Kiri.

☆彡

Ikariya was biting her nails as she bounced her leg up and down, Neteyam sat still, just staring into the distance and Lo'ak paced back and forth next to them. They were so impatient, waiting for Kiri to wake up. As far as they knew, she was still laying inside in some sort of coma. There wasn't anybody to update them on the situation, so they just waited behind their pod. Nobody really said a word. Ikariya wanted to tell Lo'ak how careless he was for leaving like that, but she knew this situation was hard on all of them.

When they heard Tuk yell Kiri's name, they all looked at each other before running into the pod. Ikariya was hesitant, she wasn't a part of their family so she didn't want to barge in like that. So she stayed back, even if it was killing her.

She watched how Lo'ak and Neteyam sprinted into the pod, she heard how Kiri cried and how her mother comforted her.

It only took a short while before Neytiri had noticed her standing in the opening of their pod. 'Come.' She said.

Ikariya's eyebrows quirked up a little before she slowly made her way inside as well, Neteyam watching her as she did. She slowly sat down next to Lo'ak as Ronal, Aonung and Tsireya's mother or the Tsahìk of the clan, left the pod.

She didn't know why, but Ikariya was on edge. She watched the Sky People, Jakes friends, talk to him. She couldn't make up what they were saying but it didn't feel right. This was the first time she'd actually seen Sky People and avatars that didn't try to kill her. She noticed how they were different than her. They wore clothing like the avatars that captured her that day in the forest. They weren't as equipped with "guns", as Lo'ak explained to her, as the ones that attacked them.

Ikariya was worried for Kiri. She begged to Eywa that she would be alright. Kiri showed her kindness, shared her food with Ikariya sometimes and included her in conversations at dinner time. She was happy she had Kiri, without her she would feel more like an outsider.

The good thing was that Kiri is alright. Neteyam watched how Ikariya looked at her, he could almost see her eyes tearing up. He saw how worried she was for her and how she helped Kiri to get back to the surface. Neteyam couldn't have gotten her back up to breathe without Ikariya's help.

And he was thankful for that.