No More Excuses

I put a finger over my free ear, trying to muffle the loud sound and walked through the horde of people. Boosfer's muffled voice distracted me a bit as I dodged and weaved through the flying arms and legs.

As I made it outside the cool air hit my face and I sighed in relief and a bit anxious. "Yello?!" Boosfer said hurriedly, it sounded like he was doing something. "Sorry, can you come get me. Kier left with someone," I yawned and sat down on the stairs.

"Yeah, send the address to me." He said fondly, Yello was a bit drunk, slipping in and out of consciousness. Feeling nervous that Boosfer was coming to get him.

I kept bobbing my head up and down and hadn't realized Boosfer was here until he was in front of me talking but without sound. "I am definitely going to regret this," I said as Boosfer helped me up and stabled me enough so I could fall on him as I sloppily walked.

"Yeah you are," He mumbled, he seemed a bit annoyed and angry. "You love me enough to get me through," I said teasingly. He was silent. I rolled my eyes and pushed off him to get in his car. I sighed as I sat down and immediately felt myself become a bit more conscious.

"Why do you do this to yourself Yello," Boosfer said, frowning a bit. I yawned, "Just a bit of heartbreak, no, heartache? I don't know," I put my head on the window watching as the world blurred by. "About?" He implied, knowing I wanted to talk about it.

He knows me too well.

"There's this. Guy," I started rolling down the window. "Guy?" he questioned, "Yeah. He's really sweet and been around for a bit, and I think I like him," I yawned, and pushed my head out a bit. Explaining this just a little is making me want to vomit, to run away.

"Why not tell him how you feel," He asked, his questions we're starting to get invasive. "Also, why drink yourself over this guy, if-" he started rambling, ranting as we pulled into his driveway. Continuing to rant as he pulled me out and we went around to go sit in his garden.

"Boosfer," I said, which made him stop. "I don't know if he likes guys, we never really talk about it," I sat down, observing the flowers under the moonlight. "I went to the party to drown in my sorrows, because I wanted to confess to him there but he didn't come until we left." Tears pricked my eyes.

Am I really going to do this?

The breeze whisked by, making the already chilly night, cold. "What an ass," He mumbled. "I actually think you'd like him," I chuckled awkwardly. "Oh really," his voice was laced with cockiness.

I smiled, a bit genuine but all around fake. He rambled on more, "What time is it?" I asked as I saw car lights go by. "It's 4am," he said turning his attention right back to me. "We've been out here for a bit," I said shivering.

My mind raced as I tried to push unwanted thoughts away. They kept fighting the more I tried to get away from him. The more excuses I made.

"I want to confess to him," I blurted. God this must be the alcohol talking. It has to be.

Maybe it was the alcohol, maybe it was the cold air that made my insides vibrate so hard that I couldn't control my brain and mouth at the same time.

Or maybe I just wanted to.

He was silent. "I want to confess- to." I paused. Please, get a hold of yourself. "To you," I blurted, shaking my head a bit. I looked him in the eye. The slight breath that I could see him make stopped. I couldn't read his face anymore.

I'm not scared, I fell for him, just speak goddamnit.

"God, I hate what you're doing to me. I hate that it feels so," I can't finish my thoughts. "You could hold my hand, in a crowded place," I stood in front of him. "But, I just want you to hold me close, to lay your mind on my chest. I want to hide behind car lights and kiss you. We've been here talking and it's 4am for fucks sake." I held my breath, his face was a bit shocked.

"Don't be shocked because I wanted more. I can answer your troubles, please let me in," I cough. What did I even just say?

The heat that filled me as I stood up and confessed dissipated. "Yello" His voice was filled with something I definitely couldn't recognize. "Just sleep on it, I'd stay for longer but, I'm cold," I rubbed my hands up and down my arm.

Did I just get played? Did I just misread this? I think I actually fell for him.

I started walking away quickly. My house wasn't too far from here, I can walk for thirty minutes. "Yello! Come back!" I heard him yell.

"Why won't you come right here?!" He yelled at the top on his driveway. I stopped, at the bottom, tears threaten to spill. I stayed silent, "Come back please," his voice was weak. I turned around and looked up, "It's time for me to go? Isn't it," my voice cracked in pain. "Just," he sighed.

"Just get in the car," I nodded, not knowing what to say or do. We got in at the same time, he turned on the radio and made his way to my house. Everything was familiar, I knew where he was going.

It was only a couple of minutes. We were outside, him parked on the side, in front of the mailbox, the humming of the car stopped and the lights beamed bright into the nothingness of the night.

"Yello," he whispered. I turned my head a bit, seeing as his hands were off the wheel. "It's okay," I whispered, knowing if I got louder I would cry. "Please just look at me," he said.

I turned my head fully. Holding my breath, facing him was the worst part. "I have something to give you," I closed my eyes. It was probably something out of sympathy, for him to reject me.

The humming of white noise filled my ears as I waited for whatever he was giving me, holding my hands out. I felt his hands in my palm and I was going to open my eyes but I felt his lips on mine.

I opened them trying to make sure I wasn't imagining, I wasn't asleep. I grabbed his shirt and squeezed my eyes tightly, even if it was a dream, I might as well enjoy it.

I could feel myself relax a bit, I couldn't relax fully as I put my whole heart into this kiss. Pining for someone tore my heart apart, this kiss was so healing. I felt the pieces bring themselves together for the first time and find what connects.

I pushed him back in order for him to stop. I stared at him, he stared back for the first time tonight. He put his hand on my cheek, "Sorry for the wait," He said.

I smiled and laughed, "it was like two minutes," I grabbed his hand. "We already waited long enough," he said putting his hand in mine and leaning forward to kiss me again. I put my finger up, "We're in front of my house," I reminded.

He pouted, "Let's go back to mine, no ones home," He smiled innocently. I hummed pretending to think, "No funny stuff," I said, I could see the slightest disappointment on his face. "Never!" He said perking up.

"You sure," I raised my brow and he turned around, "Very," His smile somehow looked relaxed. "I'll pay you for the gas," I yawned. "Don't even think about it," He laughed.