Mansions aren't for exploring

The floorboards of the mansion crunched and shrieked under the pressure of the four boys' feet. They weren't being cautious as they stepped, occasionally their foot would fall through but as long as it wasn't the entirety of their body they didn't mind.

Kier was the first to hear the noises, not particularly saying anything, figuring one of the three was just messing with him. With each thump, shadow, tap, knock. He shrugged it off, then they separated.

A stupid move they all acknowledged. "It's just an abandoned mansions, plus it isn't even dark outside. Get a grip" Boosfer had said, they agreed. They'd be fine.

Knock. Yello heard, laughing and telling them to stop.

Knock. Dev heard, immediately snapping his head and letting out a nervous laugh, his voice cracking as he shouts. "Who's there?"

Knock. Boosfer heard, immediately writing it off as a prank being played on him.

Eventually it was time for them to meet back at the beginning of the building and as they trudged, they started walking slightly more carefully than when they arrived.

Four turned to three.
They were confused and waited. And waited. And waited. After thirty minutes, Boosfer had, had enough, rolling his eyes he goes back in, using his phone as a flashlight. Dev tries to stop him but he was too late.

"This was supposed to be for a dumb video. He shouldn't be far." Boosfer yelled.

Knock. Yello and Dev hears, they look towards it. "What was that?" Yello asked, taking a step. Dev stared, it had to be Kier, he was just fucking with them. He rationalized but, was it working?

The sun started falling.

Knock. Boosfer was annoyed, it was another damn knock, they were supposed to be in and out. "Kier! Come the fuck on! It's time to leave!" He yelled, then he fell.

Knock. Boosfer found Kier. He screamed.

Yello and Dev heard his scream and started running to him. "Boosfer?!" Yello was frantic, getting ahead of Dev. "Did you find Kier?!" Dev yelled, trying to catch up.

"Yello!" Dev reached out and missed as he fell through the floorboards. "Dev!" Yello yelled and looked down the hole, missing Dev's hand entirely.

"What the fuck?!" Yello screeched and then silence. It was deafening, Dev couldn't bear it as he hissed in pain, it wasn't a lot of pain, but anything to drown out the lack of sound.

"Shit shit shit" he spewed trying to climb out but failing. So he wandered, "Boosfer!"
"Yello?"
"Kier.."
His voice got softer as the darkness continued to consume him. He wasn't the one with the flashlight, he only held the camera. So he looked through it and flipped on the night vision.

As the screen flashed a green he saw a face, he didn't register it properly, writing it off as a malfunction. "Guys!" He yelled.

Knock. His heart dropped. He kept looking through the screen, unable to rip his eyes away from the one thing that was keeping him from bumping into walls. As tears welled in his eyes, he heard sobs. "Who is it!" His voice cracked and he cursed himself for sounding so cowardly.

Knock. "Dev?" He froze. "Kier?" He almost stuttered. "Dev is that really you?" His tears softened. "Please let it be you," Kier shined the flashlight towards Dev. "Kier it's actually you," Dev's eyes welled up with tears.

As he ran towards his friend, holding his arms out, he went to embrace him and his arms went through him. He looked down, his heart dropped. His stomach churned. Then Kier laughed.

His laughed mangled, going from the dorky bubbly laugh he loved hearing to sporadic giggles. Then they became deranged, a laugh so detached he knew if he turned around, he wouldn't see Kier.

As he kept his eyes towards the empty unknown he saw it. He saw the red watch Kier always wore, blinking as he dragged his feet and got closer and closer. He found the actual flashlight, lodged down his throat.

His teeth were broken and his eyes had been scratched out of their sockets, so deep he could see the bone and muscles that held them there. His throat had exploded, which exposed the bottom of the flashlight.

"No. No. No." He repeated. Covering his eyes, he dropped the camera, then he screamed. A heartbreaking scream spewed from his throat, gurgling, throaty, yet clear screams broke through the house. Alerting the other.

Knock. He didn't care.
Knock. He couldn't hear it anymore, he screamed so hard and loud that he was now bleeding from his ears, effectively becoming partially deaf. Then, he stopped.

He grabbed at his chest, then looked again and turned his head, vomiting, it was bloody, chunky, pale in color, it was disgusting. Eventually he stopped. 

Empty.

He was empty. He stared and stared and stared. Then he felt a familiar hand. "Dev" It was Boosfer, he barely heard him, That was Boosfers fifth time yelling for Dev, he was concerned. Dev turned, not an emotion on his face, nothing behind his eyes.

Boosfer stared, shocked. Pulling his hand away he tried talking to him but Dev couldn't hear anything. "Where's Yello?" Dev accidentally yelled. He didn't know. He was consumed in the nothingness of sound.

He was swarmed with his thoughts, Boosfer mumbled something. "I can't hear you," He was slightly quiet but Boosfer covered his mouth and pulled him into a corner.

They watched as it slowly came in. It was blind, it's ears were even smaller, it was sniffing and jumping on the floor.

Knock. They stayed there in fear. Dev stared, his eyes widened. Yet the fear he was supposed to be feeling didn't develop.

Knock. It turned towards them. It let out a nauseating squeal. Boosfer took his hands off of Dev and covered his ears, Dev looked at him.

KNOCK. It was hard and quick, loud enough for even deafened Dev to hear. He turned and it sniffed. It was repulsive, the slimy decayed skin was drooping off it's body, barely clinging to the thinned bone that was wrapped within the tangled veins and tendons.

Dev stared and it kept sniffing, seemingly confused. Then a piece of it fell off and it let out another shriek, it made Dev a bit dizzy and then it turned it's head and ran out of there.

Boosfer breathed out. "Dev?" He whispered and Dev sat there, staring, seemingly relaxed. "Dev. What happened?" He asked.

Dev turned his head and then a flash of light appears, he was on the ground, staring up. They were in a circle around him. They were saying something, he couldn't hear them.

Then he blinked. He was back to reality. "Dev are you okay?" Boosfer watched as Dev tilted his head, confused.

Dev then stood up and grabbed the camera. pointing towards Kier's body. Boosfer looks and steps in front of Dev, knowing why he was like that. Boosfer got close to Devs ear, it hurt but he heard him.

This broken man, heard the words that helped him gain hold of his emotions again.

"That isn't Kier."