12

Enterprise, Hornet, and Yorktown all sat at one of the hundreds of steel benches that lines the colourless mess hall, Hornet looked over to her sister as she poked the slop they had received with her fork.

"So you're the next in line to take on the Bismarck?" Hornet asked as she continued to play with the goop calling itself a curry.

"Mhm." Enterprise replied as she unwrapped a protein bar and wordlessly bit into it. 

"If you need numbers Hornet and I would be happy to assist." Yorktown offered before turning her head to the side and coughing slightly. The Lead ship of the class health had been deteriorating lately, and the commander didn't spare her a second thought, Decrepit old women weren't  his thing apparently

"No. The risk of either of you dying is to high, I am not taking that risk."

"And what if we want that?" Hornet said. Cutting off her sister in an uncharacteristically cold tone.

"Hornet?" Enterprise asked in a shocked tone as her sister looked at her with dead eyes. 

"What? It's we die fighting him, or we die from a bedsheet noose. If you can get your hands on one...hell with all the MRE packets you have at this stage, you could make one yourse-" Hornet was interrupted by Yorktown smacking her on the back of her head while keeping her eyes closed. Both the younger ships looked at their older sister, Yorktown sighed.

"That's enough. Either we die in battle or we waste away here. That's what she's trying to say." Yorktown said opening her eyes and looking at her honoured sister. "The choice is yours."

With Bismack...

As I woke up I immediately felt the extra weight of whatever they had done to me, but there was no extra difficulty in moving my limbs. I wasn't strapped to an operation table, rather I was in one of the dorms assigned to the German fleet. Wooden floors, an oakwood bed, a simple dresser beside the bed, and a wardrobe tucked into the corner. I took a breath as I stood.

'So, any idea what they've done to us?'  I asked my companion, only to be met with silence. 'Bis?' I would've begun to panic were it not for the soft sound of breathing. A sigh of relief escaped my nose as I got dressed, my Uniform had been neatly set by the dresser. As I slung my coat over my back there were three knocks on my door, before the door swung open to reveal Belfast who had her eyes closed and wore a smile.

"Goodmorning master! How did you sleep?" The said in an all to happy tone. I shook my head, more so to wake myself.

"I slept like ein kinder,  thank you Belfast, but you seriously don't have to keep up the maid act. We are all friends and equals here. Well so long as you're not in the hospital but that is a different story." I said with a chuckle while stretching, a couple creaks and clicks emanated from within me.

"I do so out of respect for you Master Y/n. I do appreciate the offer but I feel as if though I owe you the respect given what you are doing for us. So if you wouldn't I will continue to address you as Master." Belfast said with a bow, I sighed in relief and defeat.

"Very well, I was against it at first because I assumed it was a fetish thing command at your previous base forced upon you. But if it's out of respect then I will get used to it." I said as we begun to walk through the quiet corridor. It was my first time actually exploring the dormitory section of the base. 

"How do you find your quarters?" I asked as our footsteps echoed through the halls.

"They are quite nice, very spacious and we actually have beds, so a vast improvement." Bel explained as I looked to her.

"The bare minimum is a 'Vast improvement?' I shudder to imagine what the food situation was like." I said shaking my head, while Belfast went slightly green.

"If I see another MRE bar I will be sick."  Bel said under her breath.

"Then we'd better get a kitchen set up." I said as plans begun to form in my head, that's when I noticed belfasts cocked head.

"But there is already a fully staffed canteen, with fresh meals daily." Bel said as It was my turn to be confused. 

"By who?" I asked while turning to the maid.

"I don't know what their called but these delightful little yellow chicken like creatures." Belfast said as a cart covered in various drapes rolled through the halls, once it got close enough I could see it being pushed by the aforementioned yellow creatures, the very same ones who operated on me. I watched as they sped down the hallway into my room, presumably to clean. We had reached the door shortly after, Belfast insisted on opening the door but I beat her to it causing her to pout.  There was a gentle breeze while the sun shone from between white clouds.  I took in a deep breath, my day already planned out.

"Alright, I'm off."  I said turning towards the sea, ready to train.

"Shall I save you a meal master?" Bel asked as I waved her off.

"Thank you Belfast, but I will have to decline, not exactly hungry at the moment." I said as I began my race to the sea. 

Azur Lane base...

Enterprise looked at her squadron, her sisters, four destroyers, and two submarines, U-boats specifically. She was unimpressed by the rest of her squad, even the one American she was given, Laffey was a disappointment. In between the land of the conscious and the dreamers, utterly useless in combat. The U-boats could turn tail at any moment, same as the German destroyer. The Jap and Brit were dead weight, distractions at best. Enterprise was only concerned in keeping her sisters alive and well, if these weaker ships must die then so be it.

"Are you all ready?" Enterprise asked with a cold and harsh tone, her sisters looked at her saddened to see their sister acting like this. The other ships nodded in grim acknowledgment. U-556 looked particularly detached from the group. U-81 bore her usual cold face but there was a twinge of worry in her eyes. Z-23 stood between the U-boats and Enterprise in what would almost seem to be an attempt to protect them, her eyes cold as steel as she glared at the grey ghost.

"Then let's get a move on." Enterprise said nearly shoving her way past the sortie assembled. Her thoughts dwelled on the mission, the traitor with the power to wipe out two battle groups. Will this be her end? She thought to herself as the gates opened, and the ships were sent into the night to hunt for the Bismarck.

Hidden island... 

Y/n floated he way out to a part of the ocean where he could activate the mirror sea without interference. He closed his eyes as the world began to distort around him, he let out a long breath as he opened his eyes again. 

'Bis, wake up. We need to train.' Y/n said sternly, a yawn broke through in his head.

'Got it, what are we training? AA? Crowd control? Destructive Capabilities?' Bis Rattled off before yawning again.

'All of the above, our body has been upgraded, we need to get used the new weight, the new power, we need to see if the cube will change, we need to be ready for the next challenge.'  Y/n said as the guns unfolded from his back, the usual *thunk* was deeper than usual the superstructure felt heavier, and the power was overflowing. Y/n took a deep breath and smiled as his mask snapped shut.

"Come on then Azur lane, I am here, I am waiting." Y/n said as he stared into the sky, his steely blue eyes flickering yellow for a brief moment before he unleashed a salvo onto an island within the Illusion of the mirror sea, the explosions rocked the very sea he stood in, and the craters he left in the island begun their smoky dance, as mechanical laughter filled the air.

Sorry for the shorter chapter, a lot's been going on lately and I need to shed some rust. I hope you all enjoyed.

edit: only 2 uboats 556 and 81