1.0

❝The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else

❝The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else.❞

GEORGE BERNARD SHAW

1.0 : flashback

OR

season 4, episode 2 : the angel maker (ctd.)

"THERE HAVE BEEN SOME STRANGE HAPPENINGS IN THIS CASE, BUT I URGE YOU NOT TO ABANDON REASON IN THE SEARCH OF THE TRUTH." Hotch cuts a commanding figure, standing in front of every Lower Canaan police officer, hands in his pockets, brows furrowed. "This is not the work of a ghost, and it's not the work of a killer come back from the dead."

"This is somebody who lives here, in Lower Canaan," Fin continues, cross-legged on the desk next to Hotch. She feels most comfortable like this; it reminds her of being a kid, and it's distracting from the heavy subjects they cover in these profiles. Especially this one. "And–" She takes a deep breath, wills her heart to steady– "this person is a woman."

"Her last victim, Sid Rutledge–he was the Angel Maker's mule," Morgan says, resting his hip against Fin's desk, arms crossed. "He smuggled items out of Hawkesville Prison, including the semen that was planted at the first crime scene."

"She killed Rutledge because he knew she was the copycat," Spencer continues from the far side of the room. "And also because he was blackmailing her."

"We now know that Rutledge was transferred to Hawksville from a female prison, in the wake of allegations that he was using his position to leverage sexual favors from inmates." Fin can hear in Morgan's tone exactly what he thinks of Rutledge, and it ain't good.

"And we have a pretty good idea that this is exactly what he did to our unsub," Fin adds, her eyes scanning the group of cops in front of her. Mostly male, mostly white. Typical Ohio. "In exchange for keeping quiet, he wanted sex."

"Because she shot him in the junk, right?" asks a red-haired officer near the front.

"That, and the fact that he took a PDE-5 inhibitor shortly before his murder," Spencer replies, adjusting his tie. Fin notices his voice is slightly higher than it was before and is he–blushing?

"A what?" Dobson asks, frowning.

"Viagra," Morgan explains.

Spencer's eyes meet Fin's and he clears his throat, looking away quickly. He is blushing! Aw, he's embarrassed to talk about sex. Fin thinks that's kind of cute.

"We're looking for a white woman in her mid-thirties," Hotch says, his tone of voice clearly saying 'let's get this back on track, kids'. "And she's highly intelligent. And she's not just a fan, she's a groupie."