1.8

❝There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you

❝There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.❞

MAYA ANGELOU

1.8 : dysfunctional family

OR

season 4, episode 7 : memoriam

SLOT MACHINES HAVE GOT TO MAKE THE MOST ANNOYING SOUND ON THE PLANET. Especially if you ask Emily.

Morgan cranks the handle again, grinning wildly. "Come on, baby! Give it to me! Give it to me! See? Nuh-uh."

Eyes closed, Emily touches Morgan's shoulder, grimacing. "Morgan, can you-" She groans. "Please, can you-?" She gestures vaguely in the direction of her head with her free hand. "My head."

Morgan chuckles lightly. "My bad. Sorry." He points to the slot machine. "You know these things are rigged, right?"

"Actually, they're not rigged," Fin says, moving over so Emily can sit down next to her on the sofa. "They're randomly generated, but with hundreds of probable combinations, so the odds you'll win the top prize on that is about five thousand to one."

"Okay, Reid," Morgan teases, grinning.

"Why is it that people get compared to Spencer simply for being smart?" Fin wonders aloud.

Rossi leans around Fin to look at Emily, who's rubbing her temples in circles. "Late night?"

"I hate Vegas," she groans, covering her eyes with one hand.

"Come on, Prentiss, how can you hate Vegas?" Morgan asks. "This is a grown folks' playground!"

"I hate Vegas." Fin rubs Emily's back gently, taking the coffee cup from her hand and setting it on the floor.

"Well, you and Reid are both old people, so you don't count."

"Just because I don't get drunk and have sex, I'm considered an old person?" Fin rolls her eyes. "Ouch, D."

JJ walks up to them, carrying her bag on her shoulder and looking beautiful in a flowing red top. "Anyone seen Reid?" she asks, smiling.

"I know he stayed with his mom last night," Morgan replies, sipping his own coffee.

"See? JJ didn't party all night, and you didn't call her an old person," Fin protests, gesturing to JJ.

"She's pregnant," Morgan says simply, like that solves everything.

"Reid should be here by now," JJ says, ignoring them. "He knows the departure time." Her eyes flick to the slot machine and she leans closer to inspect it. "Oh, this thing still has credit on it."