Chapter 3~ The Letter

Chapter 3~~~

I got up this morning, and still had the feeling of dread like last night. But I was stil thankful that I didn't wake up to my 2 best friends soaking me with water.

I got dressed in my regular clothes, because today was Saturday, and Friday was just to get settled in, it was wierd but I was fine with it. I was meeting the Headmistress in a few short hours and I wanted to have breakfast first.

When I got to the common room, it was deserted. I walked out and ran to the Great Hall. THere were only a few students there and I sat down and started eating.

The weekly owls arrived and more students came in. A midnight black owl flue to me and dropped a letter in my lap. I looked at the writing on the outside and my heart stopped at the fimilar writing of my mother. I jumped up, ignoring the curious stares, and ran from the Great Hall.

I ran past James and Scorp, unbe-knownst to me.

As soon as I got out the doors, tears started. I ran to the old astronomy tower that no one uses any more. It was wide and spacious at the top. No one came up there to my knowledge.

I heard shouts from behind me, but I didn't care. I just kept running until I hit the stairs. I sprinted all the way up, and when I got there I sat down on the balcony and sat down, pulling my knees up to my cheswt and resting my head on them, my hair swaying in the breeze.

I opened the letter. Oblivious to the steps behind me that had suddenly stopped.

I opened the letter and read, it said,

Dear Fairlee,

Just wanted to let you know we are going to get you. We made it out. I hope you have been good. And we want you to change your last name back darling.

Love,

mummy and daddy.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no NO! NO! NO!

I started crying again. I pulled my knees up tighter to my chest and hugged them to me. Resting my head in my knees and continueing to cry.

A voice said from behind me, "Why are you crying Faith?" Then another said, "Faith, what's wrong?"

The first voice had been James, and the second Scorpious.

I lifted my head back up slowly and turned it around. Sure enough, Scorpious and James were standing behind me, looking at me with bewilderment and shock. They had only ever seen me cry once.

I wiped my eyes and turned back around, ignoring them, continueing to rock back and forth, looking out over Hogwarts Grounds.

Scorp asked me again, "Faith! We're your best friends! We have a right to know what's going on! Like WHY were you crying?!"

The letter drops from my hand and James grabs it and shows it to Scorp.

They look at me in confusion. "Whats your last name? Who are your parents? What does it mean, 'we made it out'?" Scorp asked me.

They sat down right next me, Scorp on my right, James on my left.

"You don't want to know." I stated emotionlessly. Still staring out at the grounds with blank eyes. I was in shock, and to scared to do anything else.

"Why are the coming to get you? What IS your last name Faith? Why did she call you 'Fairlee'?"

I sigh and continue to look over the grounds. "Fairlee is my real name. You don't want to know my last name." I said to them.

"Yes we do Faith! Tell us!" James commanded me.

"No" I said, just loud enough so they could hear me.

"tell us!" James snapped again.

"No." I said a little louder.

"Why!" Scorp and James demanded at once.

"No!" I yelled at them this time.

They just looked at me furious.

"If you don't tell us...." Scorp started.

"We are leaving." James finished.

I knew they meant not just leaving me here, they would leave me behind as their friend. But I just knew they would be disusted by me if they knew my secret.

I turned back to looking out at the grounds blankly. Not responding.

Giving them their answer that I was no longer their friend.

___________________________________________________________________________--

if you like it, plez VOTE!

VOTE
COMMENT
FAN
ALL:)

thx 4 reading;)

m xoxo