Chapter I

6:00 PM
~ Brittany's Point of View ~

I was in the living room of the house that I was temporarily staying owned by a high school friend named Trichelle Swift, her girlfriend Roxanne Light, and their college roommate and friend Cinder Schwartz. When all three of them came in from their rooms.

"Hi Bri. Want to go to the Circus of the Damned with us for fun." Trichelle asked.

"You can even bring you writing backpack with you if you want. Since it helps your anxiety." Roxanne said.

"Especially your writing communication book."Cinder said while smiling gently at me which was mirrored by Trichelle and Roxanne.

I was thoughtful for a minute or two and must have looked it, and then I nodded while smiling. Then I frowned as I realized I didn't have a dress to wear.

"We can get you a dress on the way if you want." Trichelle said.

"Yes. One that is your favorite color." Cinder said smiling.

"You do realize that I have five favorite colors. Right?" I wrote to her while smiling and even laughing.

"Your main favorite then. Or the best dress of one of your favorites that works the best." Cinder said grinning. While Trichelle and Roxanne smiled as well and les the way to the car.

I got my backpack, iPhone with my earphones connected to it to keep my ADD at bay since my ADD medication didn't seem to be working, and put my dress shoes on instead of tennis shoes. And then I followed out to the car Cinder leading the way. As I followed I messed with my quartz necklace and my blue fire opal bracelet that was on my right wrist.

What I didn't know was that this night was going to change my life forever.

Meanwhile at the Circus of the Damned...
~ Asher's Point of View ~

Jean-Claude and I were wandering around the Circus of the Damned, after he had managed to convince me to do so. I was reluctant but I can never refuse Jean-Claude, as I knew he couldn't resist me, because we have been lovers for centuries. It was fun only because he was with me.

Watching the people was somewhat interesting as well, most being human but not boring humans. Then we sensed something from one of the humans, who turned out to be a beautiful young woman who was probably in her late twenties or even early thirties, who had a beautiful purple and blue dress, white skin, blue eyes, was wearing glasses, brown hair, and who had an earphone in one of her ears. She also had a small book in her hands with a pen, along with a medium sized backpack on her back.

"Do you sense that Mon Corbeau?" I asked Jean-Claude while also glancing at him.

"Yes Mon Chardonneret. And I saw her as well. How about we introduce ourselves to her?" Jean-Claude said and then asked. And I nodded in agreement without hesitation. With that we headed towards the woman and her three other friends.

We didn't stop even as her friends noticed and stared at us. She noticed as well staring slightly but she also had a confused look on her face, until one of her friends whispered something to her, probably something about us or who and what we were. Although the what we were was more than obvious even to her.

"She must not be from St. Louis Mon Ami." I said to Jean-Claude.

"She must have moved from somewhere else. We will find out soon enough Mon Ami." Jean-Claude said, while nodding and smiling a friendly charming smile, while I did the same thing as we walked to them.

~ Jean-Claude's Point of View ~

Asher and I spent time at the Circus of the Damned after I managed to convince him to it was uneventful at first. Then I sensed power nearby and say a beautiful woman with white skin, blue eyes, brown hair, glasses, with a medium sized backpack on her back, and a small writing book in right her hand and she looked to be in her late twenties to early thirties.

"Do you sense that Mon Corbeau?" Asher asked me letting me know he sensed and saw her as well.

"Yes Mon Chardonneret. And I saw her as well. How about we introduce ourselves to her?" I said and then asked. And after Asher nodded surprisingly without hesitation we headed towards her and the three other women she was with.

We didn't stop even as her friends noticed and stared at us. She noticed as well staring slightly but she also had a confused look on her face, until one of her friends whispered something to her, probably something about us or who and what we were. Although the what we were was more than obvious even to her.

"She must not be from St. Louis Mon Ami." Asher said to me.

"She must have moved from somewhere else. We will find out soon enough Mon Ami." I said, while nodding and smiling a friendly charming smile, while he did the same thing as we walked to them. The thought "This is going to be interesting." crossed my mind as we walked.

Once to them I said while kissing each of their hands while glancing at her as I saved her hand for last, "Good evening Mademoiselle's I am Jean-Claude the Master of this City and this is my second in command and close my friend Asher." And I knew as I introduced us that Asher was doing the same, I also noticed the shudders that my voice caused and tried not to laugh because I knew that both of my and Asher's voice's had that effect on people especially on humans. The earlier thought crossed my mind, especially when the woman that caught my and Asher's interest because of meeting our eyes and not being affected as in becoming be spelled like a normal human does. "Could she be more than human and not know it?" My mind thought and I knew the answer was more than likely yes, which I found intriguing and knew Asher did as well without looking at him.