CHAPTER FIVE; just like a movie

"i don't wanna wait, not anymore. well, you see right through me."

---

y/n's pov

Despite it being a Wednesday, I hadn't left my bed all day.

I got changed in the morning, but I never went to class. I called the day off.

It had been one whole year.

"Y/N, can you get Wes on the phone?"

I slowly sat up, walking over to my closet and pulling out a red sweatshirt.

I still had most of his clothes with me.

"Hey, what's up? Why did you call me so many times?"

"Your mom called me. She sounded pretty freaked out. Why weren't you answering?"

"I was showering, is everything okay?"

I pulled the sweater on and started putting on my usual pair of sneakers.

Tying the laces, my mind wandered again.

"Cool. We could watch Netflix until 3 am together."

"Sounds like a plan."

The phone call haunted me often. I thought about it a lot.

How his voice faded away into a gurgle as he yelled his last words.

"Fuck you!"

The chilling voice that followed as I screamed into the phone.

"Wes can't come to the phone right now."

As I stood up and left my dorm, I remembered how fast I had run to get to the Hicks' house, just to be too late.

I locked my door behind me and headed down the hall to Chad's room, tears uncontrollably spilling from my eyes as I held back sobs.

I knew it would be a hard week, but I didn't expect to cry. Not the way I was.

I knocked on the dorm room's door, hearing music in the background.

I knew Chad's timetable, and he didn't have any classes at that point in time.

The door swung open, and instead of the boy I expected to see, I was met with Ethan.

I quickly wiped the tears away from my eyes and he gave me a concerned look.

"Y/N, are you okay?"

---

A little while after he let me in, Ethan and I were both lying upside down on his double bed that sat in the corner of the room.

He couldn't find any tissues, so I was wiping my eyes and blowing my nose on a roll of toilet paper.

Whatever music he had been listening to was still playing, but left unnoticed in the background.

"You know, me and my boyfriend used to do this stuff." I sighed. "Just lie around in silence and listen to music."

"It's nice." Ethan turned his head to look at me. "Is that why you're upset? Because of him?"

"Yeah." I nodded, my eyes felt raw but dry. "I really miss him."

Silence for a moment as the song faded away.