CHAPTER SIXTEEN; the great war

"it turned into something bigger
somewhere in the haze
got a sense i'd been betrayed"

---

y/n's pov

"You?" Tara asked, her voice shaky.

"Yeah, of course me." Bailey shrugged it off like it was nothing. "Frankly, I expected more from you two sisters after what you did to us."

"What do you mean, 'us'?" Tara seemed to be the only one of us with a voice.

The taller Ghostface took off the hood of their cloak, then pulled off their mask, and my heart sunk in my chest.

My breath caught in my throat and I felt like I was going to throw up.

Ethan was the Ghostface behind the mask.

He had a wide smile on his face and met my eyes.

"Ta-da!" Bailey chuckled.

I felt like I had been punched in the gut because my boyfriend had just pulled off that fucking mask and revealed himself as one of the killers.

I wanted to scream. I wanted to fall to my knees. I wanted to punch him in the face or throw one of those bricks right at his head, but I was frozen.

I couldn't move. Not even my eyes had left his face.

It couldn't be him. It shouldn't be him.

"Mindy was right." Ethan chuckled. "It was easy to juke the roommate lottery. I mean, all I had to meet you was room with a conceited, condescending alpha literally named Chad. Fuck, it felt good to kill him!"

Then he looked at me again.

"It was easy to make you fall for me too. I mean, awkward, dorky guys are just your type, right? Like Wes?"

He had no right to bring him up, or even say his name.

Ethan smiled widely. "See, that's another thing Mindy was right about. Dude, look at the love interest."

I couldn't say anything. I couldn't even glare. I just stared at Ethan, my eyes stinging.

With a smirk, Ethan then raised his mask and looked at Sam. "This was your grandmother's, Sam." He lifted his blood coated knife and tapped his mask. "Nancy Loomis? Really runs in your fucking family, doesn't it? Speaking of family..."

"Wait for it." Bailey smiled.

"...My name's not Ethan Landry," Ethan gestured to himself with the widest grin. He looked down at Bailey. "Is it, dad?"

Bailey laughed and I let my mouth open slightly.

"'Dad'?" I repeated, forcing myself to speak.

Bailey, still laughing, lifted his hand and brushed some of Ethan's hair.

"Wait. If it's you two, that just leaves..." Sam looked to the third, still masked, killer. "Mindy?"

Ethan looked to the side and laughed quietly.

The third Ghostface took off their mask. And it was Quinn.