CHAPTER SEVENTEEN; the gold

"couldn't really love you anymore
you've become my ceiling
i don't think i love you anymore
that gold mine changed you"

---

y/n's pov

"What happens next?" Sam asked Bailey. "After you're done with us, what, you just disappear?"

"No!" Bailey walked down the steps again. "We gotta hurry over to the hospital and make sure Mindy and Gale don't pull through. Because everybody dies, Sam!" Bailey pointed his gun at Sam and I gripped the brick in my hand tighter. "Everyone who had anything to do with the death of my son suffers and dies."

"Yeah!" Ethan shouted.

"Fuck yeah, they do." Quinn agreed.

"Now put on the mask." Bailey ordered to Sam.

"He was..." Sam sighed. "...So pathetic."

Bailey scoffed. "That's not true."

"Yeah, your son, he was a man-baby who made his girlfriend do all the killing."

"He was a strong, virile young man!"

"He was a limp-dick little fuck who cried before I slit his throat."

"Shut the fuck up!" Quinn screamed at Sam and lifted her knife, but in one swift motion, Tara took the brick from my hand and slammed it into Quinn's face.

A gunshot rang from behind us and Bailey was hit multiple times.

I turned to see Kirby standing with her gun.

"Sam, Y/N, come on!" Tara yelled while Ethan jumped at Kirby.

"Recognize this?" He asked before stabbing Kirby. Sam ran up behind him and bashed the back of his head with her brick.

Sam took the knife from Kirby's stomach and ran after Tara and I while Ethan got to his feet again.

"What are you gonna do about it, bitch?" Ethan asked and Sam jumped at him, stabbing him violently multiple times.

"Ow! FUCK!"

Tara was climbing up the ladder ahead of me and called out to her sister.

Sam looked over and took the knife out of Ethan before running over to us.

Tara got up first, then helped me up as Sam started to climb.

We made our way past old chairs, and just before I got to the floor again, there was a gunshot. A bit of the ledge I had been walking on broke below me and I slipped.

Sam caught onto my hand and she and Tara struggled to pull me back up.

"I can't grab you." I cried, trying to reach them with my second hand, but it kept slipping on the blood on Sam's hand. "Shit, Sam."

"Y/N!" Tara tried leaning down to help me, but her stab wound in her back made her stumble back.

"I can't grab on. The blood, I can't grab on." I was terrified I was going to fall to my death.