CHAPTER FIFTEEN; october passed me by

"for better or for worse? i don't know
but for what it's worth
i made you my whole world"

---

y/n's pov

Walking out of the subway right in front of the old movie theater, we were met with Kirby waiting for us.

"Hey. I talked to Bailey. I've got everything set up." She said, walking along with us. "Where are Mindy and Ethan?"

"They're five minutes behind us." Tara answered.

"Let's get you all inside." Kirby guided and Sam stopped to face Danny.

"Not you." She told him.

"What?"

"Don't trust anyone, remember? We don't know you. Not really."

"You know me." He whispered.

"You're not Woodsboro. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. It's okay, I get it. Be safe, okay?" He kissed her cheek. "Okay?"

"You too." Sam then turned around and we kept walking.

Danny seemed like a nice guy, but she was right. None of us knew him.

"Good call." Kirby said.

After Kirby opened the cage door, Sam, Tara, Chad and I walked through.

"I cleared the whole place before you got here." Kirby explained, then closed the gate door. "So, this is the only way in or out. He steps in through the first door, both doors lock automatically, trapping him inside. We turn it into a kill box."

"Weapons?" Asked Sam.

"One gun, and I hold onto it." Sam went to open her mouth, and Kirby cut her off. "I am the only one with a badge here and that's the way it's gonna be. We're safe here."

"I'm gonna check in with Mindy. See if they're close."

Sam and Tara took off their jackets and threw them onto the empty seats.

While Sam walked over to the mannequins with her phone to her ear, I sat down in one of the chairs and sighed.

Tara and Chad had wandered off to the lobby of the theater and I wondered if they were gonna kiss.

I had a clear view of Sam as she groaned and slipped her phone into her pocket. Then she stared at the Billy mannequin before opening the glass case and taking out the knife, which still had a coat of dark blood that had probably been sitting there for, like, 30 years.

"Sam?" I called out and she turned to look at me. "What are you doing?"

"Just in case. Don't worry." She then looked past me. "Kirby? Kirby!"

Sam's phone started ringing and I jumped to my feet, walking up beside her.

She accepted the call. "Hello?"

"Get everyone out of there, Sam. You're not safe." Detective Bailey's voice came through from the other end. "I heard from the Atlanta field office. They said Agent Reed's been on a downward spiral ever since the Woodsboro murders last year."