Warm Embrace

you're not doing so well emotionally so you finally reach out to your best friend.
pairing: softrry; bestierry; best friend!harry × fem!
reader

wc: 2.2k

warnings: very brief and minor mention of self harm (please read at your own risk & if you're uncomfortable reading, please don't force yourself to continue) sadness, some cute comfort from
Harry

a/n: i want everyone that reads this to know that they are not alone, and that someone loves them so much. you don't have to suffer by yourself, you have someone in your corner rooting for you. if anyone needs/wants to talk my dm's are always open. mwah <3

as always, likes and comments are always appreciated!

Y/N's always been such a happy person, always there for all her friends, always having a smile on her face and making sure her friends are okay

Y/N's always been such a happy person, always there for all her friends, always having a smile on her face and making sure her friends are okay. She's always been that one friend that no matter what time it is, she'll always be there to lend a listening ear and providing the needed solace.

She's always been that friend that'll give the ones she cares about the last of her anything, always willing to give the last of her money to help a friend in need, willing to give the clothes off her back if it was necessary. She's just a giver by nature. She's always been the friend to go to whenever you need advice, always taking care of her friends, giving them whatever's needed.

Because she's grown to be able to mask her emotions, it's hard to tell whenever she's not able to fully give as much, whenever she starts feeling down and gets in her head. No one notices as she starts becoming quieter, smaller, less.

She very rarely has bad days, her sunshine personality weeding it's way through the dark clouds and allow her to smile and laugh her way through the say. It's easy to forget why her day was bad when she's around friends, but it's especially easy when she's around him. Her best friend, her right hand man, her everything in a sense.

Her and Harry had become friends when she stumbled into him and spilled her tea all over his cream flared pants and she over apologized until he laughed it off and rubbed her head gently. After that, they became inseparable, always attached at the hip. They were close, close enough to where whenever they were out by themselves they were constantly asked how long they've been together, they were constantly mistaken for a long term couple. At the question, they'd both blush softly and deny the question by laughing and shaking their heads as they smile and say they're just friends.

They've always been just friends and neither have entertained the thought of becoming more, not seeing the point of appeasing everyone else as long as they were happy. He's always noticing her, takes in the small details and keeps them all in a special folder in his brain and his heart.

He notices how she'll sway lightly in her seat whenever she's happy, he notices how her nose scrunches whenever she genuinely laughs, he notices how she never leaves without a hug and 'I love you', how she puts her hand over a sharp corner when her friend bends down to get something, how she makes sure to never split the pole and to always give a little snack to any cat or dog she sees on the street.