Love You Goodbye

in which Harry has commitment issues and you're ready for the next big step. When it gets to be too much, it changes everything. Heavily based on the song Love You Goodbye by One Direction.

any era Harry x fem reader!

warnings: break up, implied break up smut at the end, yelling, throwing things,

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A soft knock at the door startles Harry from his song writing and he raises his eyebrows. He hadn't ordered room service and his friends weren't due for another two hours.

He walked over to the door and grabs a nearby umbrella, preparing to defend himself. When he opens the door, he sees his girlfriend dressed in a baby blue sweater and plain white mini skirt, her black thigh high boots hug her plump thighs perfectly and he smiles at her.
"Hi, H." she says and gives him a more than awkward hug. He hugs her back tightly, and kisses her head.

"What brings you by, love?" He asks as he steps aside to let her in. She walks in and looks around before making her way into his living room, smiling sadly as she sees all their pictures on his fireplace, and the faint smell of her favorite air freshener lingering in the air. When she reached the spacious living room, running her fingers over the soft beige throw blanket thrown over the black sleek sofa before sitting down in the matching chair.

Confused, he sits on the sofa placed next to the chair she's currently in. Turning his body towards her, his eyes mapping every small detail of her face. There's a slight furrow in between her brows, her nose slightly pink and eyelashes wet as if she's been crying. Her lips tucked in, only poking out just slightly as she plays with her lips, a habit she only does when she's nervous. He notes the way she can't look in the eye, her eyes bouncing around the living room, taking in all the details as if she's never gonna see it again.

"Y/N, love... you're scaring me? Why're you quiet? What's in ya head" he asks and reaches across the small space between them to grab her hand. She softly moves it away, the action so subtle that if he hadn't been paying attention he wouldn't have known it was done purposely.

They sit in silence, the only sound in the room is the sound of the fire crackling in his marble fireplace, a faint orange glow emitting from the fire as it burns. He's conflicted, he doesn't want to pry and force it out of her, but he also doesn't wanna just sit here forever if he can help her with whatever she's going through.

She sits nervously in her chair, mind racing through all the possibilities and different ways to say this to him, how it'll end, what to do afterwards.

She sighs softly and turns towards him.
"Um.. before we start.. I just wanna say, i love you so much H. You know that right? I never want to hurt you." She says and he nods, slightly confused as to what's happening.

"Ok um... m'not even sure how to do this.. fuck... ok. Y'know how we've been in a kinda rough spot for a while?" She asks, tears welling in her eyes as she stares at him.
"Yeah... m'ready to talk about it if you are.." he says and runs his fingers through his hair. The thought of expressing his emotions scares him, he just wants to hide and run away.

She shakes her head, and her lips roll back in her mouth.
"I've tried, H." She says and sighs. She's been trying to talk about the issue for two months and he always either has to run to the studio for a recording session, or he just shuts her down saying not now, he's not ready.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* (flashback)
This all started a little over two months ago. They were watching some silly movie on the couch in his house, all cuddled up and cozy under a blanket and warm from the fire and their own body heat mixing together. She had brought up how they'd been together for almost two and a half years, and how he hasn't proposed to her. A little after their two year mark, she's subtly drop hint of marriage and kids, saying how they'd make such a cute family and jokingly sign her name with his last name.