Ch.34 Custody

Disclaimer I do not own My Hero Academia nor Naruto/Boruto

I only own the Plot and Original Characters

--

*Tailed Beast Saga*

*Lineage Arc*

*Narrator POV*

One day has passed since Eri asked if she could meet her 'mother', right now the duo was in the middle of Konoha. They were in Henge disguises with Izuku looking like a middle-aged man with long white hair and grey eyes to match Eri who still looked the same minus small contacts on her eyes making them grey in color. They both stood outside a training ground and from what he remembered Shoka always liked practicing on this training ground. He was right as he could feel her chakra signature inside the training ground.

Eri squeezed Izuku's hand giving reassurance and making him release the breath he didn't know he was holding. He would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous, he was in enemy territory where if he was caught he was good as dead plus he had Eri. That terrified him even more since he was scared of what they would do to Eri. Yet in the back of his mind, he knew that wasn't the only reason why he was scared. He was back at his home but yet he knew this wasn't his home, he knew he didn't belong there, he didn't deserve to be here.

Izuku shook his head knocking those thoughts out of his mind as he walked into the training ground it was around sunrise so he knew no one else would be there for a long time. They came across her training her balance on a post wearing a sports bra with black leggings, Izuku felt guilt consume him when he saw a scar straight in the middle of her stomach, the one he had given her. Shoka felt their eyes on her making her turn with confusion.

"Oh, hello there can I help you? Did you get lost?" asked Shoka with a kind voice and smile as she hopped off the post turning to them fully. Izuku second-guessed himself and looked to Eri who was staring at him and gave him a nod. So, they both stepped forward into the clearing and Izuku dropped his disguise making Shoka's face turn into shock before anger, she took a defensive stance taking out two kunai. "Izu...Uchiha! What are you doing here?!" Izuku raised his hands making Shoka flinch which didn't help Izuku's conscience, "I'm not here to fight just talk. Please we don't need to bring the fighting to Konoha or in front of Eri."

"Eri?" asked Shoka confused and finally looked to Izuku's side seeing Eri for the first time, her heart ached for a second but she ignored it keeping a suspicious eye on the two. "This is my daughter and she wanted to meet her mother," said Izuku, Shoka's eyes bulged in shock as she looked between the two looking for similarities. "What does that have to do with me?" "Simple you are my mother," responded Eri as she walked up to Shoka making the young woman just straight up confused, she wanted to not believe it but the more she looked at Eri the more her heart knew it was true. Her body moved on its own dropping the kunai and embracing the young girl which made her heart swell. Izuku smiled softly at the scene.

--

The two young adults sat on a bench in silence watching Eri hop between the post trying her hardest to balance on them. The tension between the two could be cut with a knife, it had already been ten minutes since they sat down. Shoka was the first one to break the silence, "Why are you doing this, Uchiha? All this death and destruction, for what?" Izuku sat there for a second just watching Eri's face of concentration as she jumped around. 

"I...I don't even know anymore if I'm being honest. Originally, I truly only wanted to free the Tailed Beasts and I still do, don't get me wrong but something happened. I was on a one-track mind that I was the only one in the right and the whole world was wrong, I'm going to be honest for the longest time I just couldn't think straight about what I was doing. I was just constantly filled with anger and hate that I never stopped to think, 'is what I'm doing right?'. I still couldn't answer that question even now, even with my mind clear for the first time in so long, I still don't know the answer. Eri's helped in finding that answer, hell if it weren't for her I still would be in that dark and lonely place. I guess that is why I'm here, is there really a better way?"