strawberry milk • [𝘾𝙎𝘽]

It was your afternoon shift at the café and as much as the atmosphere was enjoyable. The weather was lovely and you felt regret gloom over you as you served the customers.

Chatter filled the space, and you longed to get outside and enjoy the sun and maybe read a book at that. You at least fixed your composure when you heard the chimes ring. Signaling another customer entering.

You sighed under your breath, not taking your eyes off the register before speaking. "Hi, what can I..." A man with a tall build hovered over the counter making you stutter.

"What can I get for you?" You finally let out.

You watched him as his eyes scanned the menu above your head. As he was set on what he wanted he smiled, influencing you to smile as well. "I would like a strawberry dalgona whipped coffee please."

"Iced or hot?" You asked the usual question.

"Iced please." He smiled again.

"Alright, that would be 5,000 won." You processed his order and told him. He promptly brought out his wallet and paid.

"Thank you!" You felt bad for forcing a tone at this lovely man in front of you.

"I can just bring you your coffee once it's ready. Feel free to find a seat." You spoke to him once again.

"It's fine." He gave a slight chuckle. "I'll just wait for my coffee here."

"Oh, alright." You smiled at him once again as your coworker made his drink.

The chimes ring again, but it was tolerable after that encounter with the customer just now.

"Oh? Yah! Choi Soobin-ah!" A man wearing a large white shirt and black sweatpants yelled. Three others following behind him.

"Soobin-hyung!" Another one of them called out.

You chuckled at how he was being bombarded with hugs and greetings. He gave a look to you with apologetic eyes. You smiled to let him know it was okay.

They occupied an empty table beside the large windows. Their table slowly became the loudest one in the café. You then asked your coworker if his drink was finished and immediately handed it to you.

You made your way past the counter and toward Soobin's table. You laughed as you watched the back of his head as he scolded them to be quiet and more respectful. You practically knew all of their names after a while.

"Choi Soobin-ssi?" You stood by their table and placed his drink in front of him.

"Thank you!" He smiled brightly, the others gave looks to each other and to Soobin.

You took their orders and told them their orders would be taken care of and left with a smile.

"Do you know her?" One of them ask.

He smiled like a fool. "Nope, not a clue."

"And Hyung, yet your smiling like a fool." Beomgyu teased.

"The waitress is lovely okay!" Soobin tried defending himself.

"Yes! Agreed, the waitress is lovely." Kai yelled, his voice echoing through the café.