familiar • [taehyun]

The circle of friendship was being strangers, becoming each other's lifeline, to only texting on each other's birthday and then, becoming strangers again.

They were like two hands longing for each other's warmth.

••••

The worst part about leaving a certain place is the memories, and the person whom those memories occurred with. The person who's been there from the start.

It hurts when all you can do in the end is cherish and remember everything that's happened. Whether it helped you or made you cry. Whether you laughed or you've realized you can't let go...

When you were little you had a best friend that you've known since you could walk. The last time you remember seeing him was the day you left for the states.

You were around 10 years old and played outside until night came for the last time. But later in the afternoon, it began to rain which meant your time together had to be cut short.

"Taehyun you have to go home, you'll get sick under the rain!" You scolded him.

He stubbornly crossed his arms, "I don't want to leave."

"We're both gonna get wet if we stay out here." You were still so concerned about the weather when you two had bigger problems.

"Come next to me." He spoke before placing his jacket over your heads. "Now we won't get wet."

"I don't know... I think your jacket's going to get ruined." You still had your doubts.

"That's okay." His eyes went wide. "Are you excited for the states?"

"Yeah, I think so! My mom said we're going to live in Chicago. The one with the big silver bean." His look changed to one in awe from the way you spoke.

When you had nothing more to say he spoke again. "Will you miss Korea?"

You thought for a moment. "Hmm... not so much I think."

He nodded, and you didn't realize it at first because you thought the jacket already began leaking. But you noticed water falling from his eyes as well.

"Taehyun why are you crying?" You turned to face him, surprised at what you saw.

"Y/n, will you miss me?" He uttered, this time not facing you.

"Of course I will Taehyun! You're my best friend."

"I don't want you to leave!" He began to sob, and it broke you.

You found comfort and happiness in him... you found your home in him.

"Please don't be a stranger to me, Y/n." You couldn't say anything besides hug him at this point. He hugged you back as he took deeper breaths and his heart paced faster along with yours.

"Y/n, I don't know what I would do without you and I really don't want to find that out."

Your vision began to blur, you didn't know whether it was because of the rain or your tears. But after that, it was all you could remember of your last time together.