paper airplanes • [𝙃𝙉𝙆]

You sat in the classroom listening to your teacher ramble on about the new topic for this week.

Your eldest brother had informed you about he and his fiancé's little getaway for the day, entrusting his son to you.

It definitely was something to look forward to but you just didn't feel like you.
You felt.. off.

Maybe you just really needed a break from everything, unsure whether you wanted to be alone or with someone you treasured.

"Aeri-yahh, I am not going with you to the mall. I have my niece to take care of." You explained word for word.

"Are you going to be with your niece right after school?" She asked.

"Yes, I am." You replied.

"Should I go with you? So you're not alone." Aeri asked as she gathered her stuff.

"No no, it's okay, go to the mall with the others." You smiled.

"I don't want you to be alone— Ah! Kai!" She yelled in the hallway.

"No no Aeri!" You slightly whined.

Kai came closer to the both of you. "Aeri-ssi? Do you need anything?"

"Yes, I need you to watch after my lovely friend." Kai redirected his eyes to you.

You internally facepalmed, she seriously did not need to ask her cousin to watch after you.

"Okay, I'll go with her." You didn't realize Aeri had already explained your plans after school.

"Thanks.. Kai." You gave a smile.

"Of course!" He gave a comforting smile back.

You got home and found your brother bonding with his son, he noticed you and started to say bye to him.

"Auntie!!" Sian shouted as he ran into your arms.

"Be good for us okay Sian?" Your brother announced.

"Mhm! As long as I'm with Auntie I will be good!" His cute little lips curved into a cute little smile.

After a little while of playing with Sian, you both eventually got bored. So you suggested to go to the park. Sian didn't hesitate to answer and immediately got ready to leave.

You sent a text to Kai saying you guys were gonna be at the park, though you didn't expect him to actually arrive.

"Okay go play Sian." You smiled.

You sat at the edge of the playground and made yourself think that you weren't waiting or hoping for Kai to get there.

But in reality, that was the only thing you wanted to happen.

"Y/n?" A familiar voice called.

You looked up and made out Kai's appearance by squinting. "Kai!" You sounded way too excited.

"Were you waiting for a while?" He asked.

"I wasn't waiting for a while." You shook your head and smiled.