glasses • [𝙆𝙏𝙃]

Taehyun wasn't in the mood to attend his early morning lecture. It was like his legs had a mind of their own, walking away from the lecture hall and the university.

He didn't feel like going back to his dorm either, so he made his way to the city centre.

His room mates were still hungover from being out all night, clothes and pillows scattered all over the floor. Going there would just make him miserable again.

"I just need a break." He mumbled. Missing one lecture won't hurt.

You'd just quickly left your dorm in a trance, in realization that you haven't studied for finals yet. They were in the next two weeks.

As Taehyun was strolling through the park, he saw a young woman struggling to pick up her work due to the wind.

You've never felt so humiliated, you needed to focus on studying for finals, not fighting with the wind.

You were tempted to just leave the flying papers into the gust of wind, but your laptop suddenly wouldn't turn on a few days ago, you had no choice but to transfer your work on paper.

Taehyun stood and watched, feeling unsure whether he should intervene or pretend he didn't see anything.

He started walking your way but then stopped.

You?

Even after so many years, Taehyun's never forgotten your face.

He was your chemistry and math tutor back in high school. Truth be told, he was the reason you got an A, you weren't struggling but it wasn't easy to comprehend things.

Taehyun continued toward you and grabbed the flying sheets. You stood in your place as he sort out your uni work and passed them back to you.

He chuckled. "You're still as clumsy as you were in high school."

"No, I'm worse now." You replied as you got yourself back together.

You usually hated running into people you knew, especially if you did back then but you were smiling like a fool.

He looked completely different from how he did in high school, he looked older for obvious reasons and taller.

Voice deeper too, though you still liked it.

"Maybe study in a library?" He suggested. "Too windy to be studying out here."

"Sitting in a library alone is a bit too embarrassing. No one can see me underneath a tree." You shrugged.

Taehyun raised an eyebrow. "Who said you'd be alone? We'll go together, just like back then. Just pretend I'm tutoring you again." He smiled.

The two of you were starting to walk away until you felt for your glasses on your face. You frantically searched for them on the ground, you can barely read things from afar.

"Oh you have glasses now too?" He asked, handing you your glasses.

You were perplexed for a moment.

Of course you were. You didn't have to say anything, he just knew they were yours.

"Shall we go?" He offered his hands to take some of the books you were carrying.

"A-ah, thanks." You handed him the chemistry textbook.

You two slowly got out the range of the centre. He only then realized what the textbook you handed him was about.

He chuckled. "Chem?"

"Yeah, the final is stressing me out." You nervously smiled.

"Well it's good I found you then, let's go to my uni library." He pointed to your uni library.

"You go here too?!" His face lit up at seeing you smile.

"How come I've never seen you?" He questioned.

"I'm on the north side of the building." You two walked toward the library entrance.

"Ahh, I'm on the east." He nodded with his sentence.

You never really had trouble focusing but after a little while of you revising and Taehyun also reading material for his classes. You started to lose focus.

"Taehyun? Explain this to me." You pointed at a specific section of a chapter.

Taehyun walked over from the other side of the table to the open seat next to you. You pointed out what you were confused with again.

"The difference between a physical property is that, chemical is when you change the chemistry of a sample. Physical is when you observe a sample without changing the chemistry." He looked at you for affirmation.

"Ah yeah I understand!" You smiled with your face nearly against his chest.

"Study." He handed the book into your arms after smiling.

You averted your gaze to your papers. It was weird, after you saw him smile like that again you couldn't focus on anything at all.

You were enticed to just keep asking him questions you already knew the answer to.

You pronounced to let your eyes and your brain take a break from reading the section you had to learn.

You rubbed your eyes and yawned a little, hearing a yawn come from Taehyun after he called your name.

"What's this formula again?" He was pointing at something but you couldn't see what.

"Hum?" You squint at the book he had in his hands.

"Discriminant?" You say after putting your glasses back on.

"Your glasses should help with that." He chuckled.

"Shut up Taehyun." You started smiling.

"I'll treat you to the café, so hurry up and finish reading." Your smile then went from ear to ear.

You and Taehyun walked to the café you two liked.

"Thanks for being my tutor again Taehyun." You said as you two walked along the paths.

"You're welcome Y/n, don't drop your glasses next time." He teased as he pushed your glasses so they rested just perfectly on your face.

You held your chest. Your heart was beating way too loud.

"What was that?" You asked yourself.

"I hate running into old friends, but now Taehyun is treating me... And I don't even hate it." You said to yourself.

"Oh.. Well.." You took a deep breath and walked alongside Taehyun. As shocked as you were by what just transpired, it gave you butterflies. You loved it more than you could admit.