Chapter 1.9 - Five More Minutes

We were cuddled up on the sofa, a bit more than halfway through the movie. I was starting to get tired and Jess wasn't helping, he was playing with my hair, and his presence in general relaxed me. I yawned as I looked at the time, it was starting to get late. Jess was about to speak before Luke came in, his tired face changing to a confused expression when he saw the two of us cozied up on the sofa watching a movie.
"What the hell is going on here?" He asked. Jess pulled his arm away from around me as we scooched away from each other.
"I uhm- My mom came home, and she kind of kicked me out... Rory's sleeping at Lane's, and Lorelai is probably just finishing up with work but that means nobody is home..." I said. His expression softened, he was well aware of my family situation.
"You can stay here tonight, but you two will not sleep in the same bed," He said sternly.
"Okay Uncle Luke, if you don't mind though, we'd like to finish this movie," Jess said, Luke rolled his eyes.
"You know what, do whatever you want. I'm going to be downstairs," He said before leaving the small apartment. I scooched back over to Jess and he wrapped his arm around me again before turning on the movie and continuing to play with my hair. I fell asleep about 12 minutes before the movie ended.

~

I woke up in his arm. holy shit, I woke up in his arms. My head rested on his chest, and he had both arms wrapped around me, our legs were tangled, and I could hear his heartbeat as he slept peacefully. I think that's the calmest I've ever seen him look. I could get used to this, maybe I'll sleep for five more minutes.

I'm not good at keeping track of time. I woke up and Jess was no longer next to me. I was confused when I smelled his scent, but then I remembered I was wearing his hoodie. Sure I had my bag, but all my clothes were at Rory's house, and the only clothes in my bag were pajamas (Which I wore last night) And a pair of jeans. I put on the shirt and my jeans before heading downstairs. I stepped into the Diner to see Jess pouring a cup of coffee, and Rory and Lorelai sitting at the counter. Lorelai caught sight of me and immediately ran over to hug me.
"You had me worried sick! I came home and you were nowhere to be found, I called Rory she said you're with your mom, and that's never good. I called your mom she said she had no idea where you were and you just stormed out for no reason," She said
"My mom is such a liar," I spoke before Rory suffocated me in a hug
"I knew I shouldn't have let you go with your mom! Why didn't you come over to Lanes?" She asked
"Ms. Kim hates me, don't know how she would've reacted if I showed up in tears and told her I got kicked out of my own home," I said as we all sit down at the counter. I was about to ask Jess for a cup of coffee but he was nowhere to be found.
"Where's Jess?" I asked, the two Gilmores shrugged and the expression on my face fell to a disappointed one.
"Hey, let's go home, and you can tell us what happened," Rory spoke

--------------------

"Oh my god, she's such a bitch!" Rory said
"Language!" Lorelai said. Rory let out a small apology "But actually, she is a bitch! I can't believe you had to have her as a mother!" Lorelai shouted, I laughed a bit "Screw your mom though, what happened with lover boy?" She asked
"What?" I pretended to be oblivious.
"You know what I mean," She said.
"Well, I showed up at his door, tear-drenched and puffy-eyed, so that's a great start," I said sarcastically. "And then we sat on the couch, I told him what happened and he comforted me, once I-" Lorelai interrupted me
"Hold on, was it a "We're so awkward and were sitting on opposite sides of the couch" kind of sit, or was it "He has his arm wrapped around me while I cry and get his shirt wet and he tells me his shirt doesn't matter right now and he just wants me to feel better," kind of sit?" She asked
"That was... oddly specific. But uhm- the second one..." I admitted, the two Gilmores squealed before asking what happened next "Once I was calmer, he said we could watch a movie, and that I could pick. So, we headed to the DVD store." I started to explain everything that happened.

"And then this morning I woke up and he was right next to me, and I decided to sleep in for 'five more minutes' But then I woke up an hour later," I said
"And then you guys kissed!" Lorelai said,
"Actually, he was nowhere to be found..." My mood then lowered when I realized he was avoiding me.
"He's totally got a big fat crush and you and is avoiding you," Rory said
"Or he hates my guts and completely regrets the entirety of last night," I said
"I doubt that,"