Chapter 2.4 - Earrings

Third person pov(I'M NOT GONNA MAKE JESS BE MEAN TO LUKE AND LIZ WHEN HE COMES BACK, TEEHEE. also the timeline is super screwed up bc I planned things but didn't realize how much time was between the things, so basically, well you'll see, but pretend its season 6 when Jess comes back to get his car, so uh, yeah. thanks for accommodating my bad planning,)

A police officer walked into Luke's diner, catching his attention.

"Hey," Luke spoke

"Hey Luke, we found the car." The officer spoke.

"Really? God who would even steal that old thing?" He questioned, partly asking himself.

"Broke down on the expressway a few hours ago, the guy was in it." He set a paper down on the counter

"So you got the guy then?" 

"Yeah but there's not much we can do," Luke frowned "he's the owner." The officer said. Lukes's frown contorted into a look of realization as he remembered whose car "Car's registered to a-"

"Jess Mariano," Luke finished, setting down the piece of paper he had in his hand

"Yep, says he's your nephew. Registrations expired, and need lots of repairing too. Seemed like a family matter though, so I just brought the kid and the car to you," As Luke looked outside to see the stolen car and multiple police, he received a glare from the brunette who stepped out of the car.

~

As Lorelai and Rory walked around Stars Hollow, Rory noticed a familiar car and strayed away from the conversation, towards the car, not expecting anyone inside it. she peered inside the window to see a sleeping brunette, Lorelai joined her with a look of shock on her face. 

"Is that-"

"Yes-" Rory answered "Do you think Luke knows,"

"Uhm probably not, god he must be freezing to death!"

"What about Y/n? Oh god, do you think she knows?" Rory questioned.

~Y/n POV~

I walked into Luke's diner when I saw him talking to a blonde, she looked familiar but I couldn't pin it. My attention was then grabbed by a rack of earrings that Mrs. Patty and Kirk were looking at.

"These are cute," I said to Mrs. Patty as I walked over and grabbed a pair of silver earrings.

"I know right!" She spoke back, Kirk then began to argue with me, saying he wanted the earring for Lulu

"Kirk she probably wears clip-ons! Just let me have them!" I said.

"Calm down you lot! I can make whatever you want," The blonde lady said as she walked over. 

"Who are you anyways?" Kirk asked bluntly.

"Oh, I'm Liz, Jess's mom. you guys know him right?" I raised my eyebrows

"Oh, we know him alright," Mrs. Patty said, my smile slowly fell from my face. does that mean Jess is here? I hope not... Not wanting to stay at Luke's any longer, I decided to go to Westons, as I got lost in thought, I bumped into someone, resulting in me dropping my purse.

"Sor-" I tried to apologize, but they ran off before I could finish, or see their face. As I picked up my purse and walked in, I saw Rory.

"Hey!" I said before checking to make sure nothing in my purse was broken, 

"Oh, hi." I frowned as I saw my lipgloss bottle had broken and spilled all over my purse, I quickly walked over to my purse and dumped everything out. "What happened?" Rory asked.

"Some asshole I bumped into on the way in made me drop my purse, he ran off before I could apologize, didn't see his face. but the way he ran off was so- If I didn't know any better I would've thought he had some pre-existing beef with me," Rory raised her eyebrows.

"pff, what, uh, Imagine that," She spoke weirdly.

"You okay?" I asked as I cleaned the contents of my purse.

"Absolutely," She smiled, and I shrugged it off before ordering coffee.

~

I was at my apartment getting ready, Rory had set me up with one of her boyfriend's friends, and the date was tonight. Apparently, his name is Leo, and he's from Italy. Eleanor says Italian guys are hot, I wouldn't know. As I slipped a leather jacket over my dress, I heard the doorbell ring, 

 As I slipped a leather jacket over my dress, I heard the doorbell ring, 

"Coming!" I shouted as I placed a bobby pin in my bun, I opened the door to see Eleanor

"Damn, you look hot!" She said, I let out an airy laugh.

"Hello to you too," I spoke

"I have the perfect heels for that!" She ran to her room and came back with a pair of brown heels, a bit too tall for my liking. 

"Oh god Eleanor, those are a bit too tall for me," She shrugged

"These are my shortest," She said, "At least let me do your makeup then,"

"Eleanor, I already did it," I spoke

"I'll just touch it up,"

"Leo will be here any minute! Do I look that bad?" I said, She sighed as she handed me my purse and smiled

"You look great, I don't know why I'm trying to turn you into me, we definitely do not want two of me in here," She said, I laughed before the doorbell rang, and I took a deep breath. "He's here!" She squealed before running to answer the door.

"Wait!" I shouted, she paused, and I adjusted my dress. "Okay, you can open it." I said, she opened it to reveal a nice-looking guy, dressed in a well-fitted suit. 

"You must be Y/n," He spoke, Eleanor looked him up and down for and a second I thought she was gonna steal my date

"Actually, I'm her roommate, Eleanor, Y/n's right here," She spoke as I peeked out from behind her to get a first look at him, he wasn't half bad.

"Well then, come on, let's go," He said, offering his hand, I took it as we walked out of the apartment, I looked behind me to Eleanor as I smiled. She smiled at me before I was off. My first date since, him... No, not Jess, I meant Jonathan, you dumbass.