Chapter 1: A Trip Back Home

Jaune Arc sighed as he made his way to the bullhead, the marvelous Beacon Academy behind him. His dreams, all being left behind as his truth has been revealed to the staff of the school. He forged his transcripts, he was a faker, unworthy of being a hero.

After he saved his bully, Cardin Winchester, he thought he'd be in the clear. That Cardin wouldn't rat him out, and in all fairness... He didn't. But... His teammates were another story. They wanted to get back at Jaune for 'humillating their boss' and went straight to Ozpin's office, with a recording of Jaune confessing his crime.

He was called to the office and almost immediately told to pick up his stuff and leave. Funny thing? Professor Ozpin seemed reluctant to do so, he didn't seemed to want to let go of one of his students... Weird.

But weird or not, here he was... Doing the walk of shame back to his hometown... After he basically went against his family's wishes to become a Huntsman, and cheated to do so. On top of everything he was going to be grounded for life.

He stopped at the docks, waiting for the bullhead that will take him home.

Worst part? ... None of his friends came to say goodbye.

He revealed them what happened and that he was being kicked out.

There had been a terrible silence and he just picked his stuff and left. Unable to meet their faces. He thought they were in shock, but now... After a while... They should have been here... But they aren't...

"Jaune!" A high pitched voice called from behind him.

He turned around and was immediately tackled in a hug by a petit raven haired girl with red tips. The first friend he made in Beacon, Ruby Rose.

"H-hey Ruby..." He said, trying to sound cheerful. "What are you doing here?"

"Is it true...?" She askes, looking at him with those silver eyes of hers. "You're leaving?"

"... Yeah..." He sighed. "It's for the best. I don't belong here."

"You do!" She tried to discuss.

"I don't," I said, trying to not lash out at her. She didn't deserved it. "Ruby, you must know why I'm leaving."

"I don't care!" She said. "You are my friend! ... You were the first I met here, and you're my leader friend and, and you didn't called me weird when I geeked about weapons!" Her little eyes watered and Jaune's brotherly instincts wanted to wipe them dry and pat her head. "Even if Weiss also said it was good if you leave."

Weiss... She really said that? Huh... The girl he had a crush on said it was better if he left. And it probably didn't matter for the rest of Team RWBY; Yang was only his friend because he was Ruby's friend, and he rarely talked to Blake... No like she says much to begin with.

Was Ruby the only one who cared about the fact that he was leaving?

A bullhead roared behind them, the doors opened and the pilot signaled Jaune to get in. He sighed again and turned around.

Ruby grabbed the sleeve of his shirt. "Jaune..."

He turned and gave her a smile. "Sorry, Crater Face," He said, freeing himself from her grip and entering the bullhead.

The transport took off and left behind a dismayed girl behind. Watching as her friend went away.

"Felix... Felix!"

"Bwagh?!" A man wearing a high tech orange and black armor, with a scout helmet said. He dragged his hands over the helmet, as if wanting to fix the hair that was being squashed beneath it. He looked up to see another man with an armor similar to his own, except this one had a different helmet. "Locus, what do you want?" He groaned.