Chapter 13: Combat Madness

Weiss's glyph carried her back as she dodge the strike from one of the Paladins blocking her and Blake's way to the main railcar. The armored giant beeped as hatches opened around its shoulders to fire missiles at her.

Myrtenaster changed barrels to the Fire Dust loaded in it, and she summoned a Glyph in front of her. Fire balls were launched and countered the missiles, causing them to detonate in mid-air and causing a curtain of smoke to erupt between them.

Weiss didn't stood still; she formed another Glyph under her feet and dashed forward, passing by the open legs of the robot and standing behind it before stabbing her weapon on the floor while shifting its barrels. Ice sprouted from where she was and covered the robot's legs all the way to its waist. Yet it proved futile, when its torso turned around and repeated its attack after reloading.

Instead of a counter, Weiss used her Semblance to form a gravity Glyph under her feet that launched her upwards. Where she gracefully twirled in the air and aimed the tip of her weapon to the hatches of the robot. Three blasts of ice later and they were sealed unable to launch anymore and blinding the pilot.

Weiss landed and sighed in relief, only to tense when she heard a yelp coming from ahead of them. Where she saw Blake having a harder time dealing with her own Paladin. She blocked a blow with Gambol Shroud, but her knees were clearly shaking under the pressure. Weiss saw as the other arm of the machine was about to smack her friend to the side, so she used her Semblance to make Blake slide back to avoid the blow.

Blake flailed her arms for a moment to gain back her balance after the sudden shift, going down to one knee and straightening up just as Weiss moved next to her. "Thanks," She mumbled.

"Are you okay?" Weiss asked, just to make sure.

"Yes but..." She let out an annoyed huff. "I'm so stupid. I should have listened to Yang, even after sleeping a bit I still feel lightheaded and can't focus all that much."

Weiss sighed and turned her head. "Good, at least you are finally seeing reason," she said, putting a hand to her hip. Just as she heard the sound of the ice in which she trapped her enemy in breaking and saw the mecha Blake was facing moving towards them. "So let's get out of here so you can lay in a bed in conditions, and if you even try to read while you're at it. I'll put you in cryogenic sleep myself."

Blake bit back a chuckled and stood back up, brandishing Gambol Shroud and looked ahead to the Paladin in front of them. The two Huntress In-Training moved to be back-to-back with each other, glaring at the mechanized enemies while plotting of ways to bring them down.

'The bigger they are, the harder they fall most of the time...' Weiss thought as she brought her rapier up and its barrels switched.

"Arf, arf!" She blinked and looked down to see Zwei jumping up and down, and curling into a tiny-absolutely-adowable-wittle ball!

"What do you want?!" Blake hissed at him. Jeez, and she was all about Faunus not being animals. They weren't, but her teammate was just adding to the stereotype with her animosity.

Zwei's ears flattened on the back of his head and he just turned tail and charged at the Paladin in front of them. The evil White Fang member inside of the robot DARED to actually swat the adorable puppy like a fly, and towards his partner. All while she and Blake watched in horror.

"ZWEI!" Her voice shrieked as she saw the dog sail through the air.

However, Zwei curled into a ball and impacted against the other Paladin, making it stumble back a bit. He landed on the floor and looked none the worse to wear, wagging his tail happily and barking as if nothing happened. "Arf, woof!"