Chapter 3: Worst Day Ever

The light subdued, Felix continued scowling.

Here he was, back in Remnant, and not in the way he wanted. Instead of coming back to do what he does best, he is here as Locus' little bitch. And if he doesn't comply, then mister doom and gloom is going to put a bullet on the back of his head. Fucking bullshit.

"Walk. Our ship should still be here," His treacherous partner said from behind in the same monotonous tone.

"Whatever," He huffed, like he has another choice. Locus was always behind his back, he probably knows that if he turns his back on Felix then he is going to receive multiplayer shots and stab wounds. Smartass...

The corridor was pretty much the same, and a part of Felix wondered if this place used to be a temple of sorts before time took its toll and buried with nature. Did that meant Remnant had contact with aliens before? If so then why did the Covenant ignored them for so long?

'Grimm,' Was the only explanation he could come up with. 'They probably didn't wanted to deal with the Creatures of Grimm.'

And now he was here, dealing not only with them but with his goodie two shoes partner. Fucking yay.

As they got near the entrance of the cave, Felix stopped and looked to the bundle of cloths standing to the side.

Crocea Moirs laying beneath them.

"Why are you stopping?" Locus asked, fingering one of his guns in case he tried any sudden moves.

His words were drowned to Felix. He just stared at the cloth with a scowl unnoticed beneath his helmet. His hands gripped by the sides. A part of him wanted to grabbed it, but he didn't needed it... He already had a sword and a shield—Way better than what these antiques could dream to be!

Those were a dead man's weapon. Or well, dead kid's weapon.

He was shoved to the side, pulling him out of his thoughts. "Hey!"

Locus ignored him, instead crouching to pick up the cloth and revealing the weapon. "... These were yours?"

Felix scoffed and looked to the side. "What makes you said that?"

"From what we know the only native from this world that knows of this access to Chorus is you," Locus said. "And this weapon is obviously from this world, it reminds me of what the people on those docks were using."

"That weapons is Arc's," Felix said, his hand going to the hilt of the plasma sword he had on his hip. Locus tensed and reached for his magnum. Felix rolled his eyes and continued. "I have a much better blade," He said, taking his hand off the hilt.

Locus relaxed and looked at the weapon. "We're taking it."

"What?!"

"We'll need all the weaponry we can get," Locus said. "Even if it doesn't possess firepower, it can prove to be useful."

"What is so useful about a fucking sword and shield!" Felix growled, looking furiously at the reminder of the brat. "That the shield can turn into a scabbard?!"

Locus stayed silent and his gaze went to the shield. "It does, huh?"

Felix gaped. "For fuck's sake, Locus!"

"We are taking it," Locus said, glaring defiantly at him. "End of the discussion."

Felix breathed heavily. He wanted to reach for his sword and stab the bastard, but he knew Locus was expecting that. The moment he takes his hand to the hilt, he will turn invisible and will fill him with more holes than a cheese before he can flicker the sword on.