Aftermath

Tsu Pov

"And that's all of the 21 students, except for the one with broken legs and the Zeppeli boy." a detective announces as he then turns to talk with one other police officer. As he talks to them I walk up to him.

"What about Mr. Aizawa? Is he going to be alright?"

"The bones in his arms and legs are completely broken and lost a lot of blood but he's going to be okay. I'm surprised to see that one of your classmates joined him in the ambulance just to make sure he was okay." The detective looks down, then back up."How was Y/N Zeppeli's reaction to his teacher getting beaten?" he ask me with a notebook in his hand."

"Y/N took it personally. After seeming Aizawa like that change and he became an unstoppable machine."

"Thank you for that info. I was hoping to ask him some questions but he got in Aizawa's ambulance right away with Present Mic.

In the ambulance

Y/N Pov

Right when I exited the USJ, I saw Mr. Aizawa being loaded into an ambulance. I run to him wanting to make sure he's all right, but I get stopped my Present Mic

"Whoa there kid, What's the hurry," Present Mic asks blocking my way.

"I want to check on Aizawa. I can help him." I tell Yamada as I try to walk around him.

"Then Let's Go!" Yamada then grabs my hand and runs towards the ambulance. We get there before they shut the doors and ask to be let on with it. The paramedics were confused at first but one of them noticed who Yamada was and allowed us on board. As we close the doors behind us and head towards the hospital, the paramedics give us some private time with Aizawa.

"I'm sorry Aizawa, I failed you. I should have stayed with you from the beginning. I said now crying, saddened by the appearance of the man who took me in.

"Y/N I don't think he can hear you, look he's unconscious ." Yamada points to Aizawa not giving a reaction to my cries. I straighten up and we stay silent for the rest of the ride.

At the hospital

Yamada POV

Once we got to the hospital, they unloaded Aizawa and brought him straight to surgery. We follow slowly behind and were soon blocked off by security. During his surgery, I waited in a waiting room with Y/N trying to get him to relax and calm him down. He keeps blaming himself for Aizawa's injuries and if he keeps it up it could ruin him more. I try to distract by asking if he wants to go grab some grub from a delicious diner down the road but he rejects my offer. We sit there in silence waiting for the 'in Surgery' light to turn off. Hours pass and the light turns off. a doctor and his assistant walk out to give the news.

"Are you two here for Eraserhead?" The doctor asks as he looks at the two of us.

"Yes, we are. Is he gonna be a good doc?" I ask sorry for my friend.

"The surgery was a success. We made sure that any punctured organs were fixed and broken bones were given support for heal. He will need to rest here for a day or two." He looks at the clock hanging on the wall. "It's pretty late right now, you two should get home."

"Can I stay with him?" Y/N raise his hand looking towards the doctor, his eyes filled with more sadness and grief than before.

"I'm sorry but I can't have you stay with him. It's important for the patient to get rest and not move when after surgery. He will be under constant watch and care to make sure that nothing will go wrong."

"I have a healing quirk, I can help if he needs it!" Y/N responds trying to convince the doctor to let him stay. "My healing quirk is strong and if he starts to die, I can fix him up. Please... let me help."

"I'm sorry but I can't let you do that. The first reason is that you would be using your quirk without a license. That would be considered illegal and could get the hospital cited for allowing you to use it. And secondly that we have a full staff of doctors with some form of healing quirks and a complete understanding of the medical field. You would just be in the way of the doctors and nurses watching over him."

"Thank you doctor. We will be on our way then." I end Y/N's argument and move him out of the room. Later that night we return to my apartment and end up going to sleep.

The next day I called the hospital to see if Aizawa is able to be visited but was declined, the doctor said that he was well enough but wanted to spend the day by himself in the hospital. I told Y/N that we couldn't see Aizawa today, and his gaze seemed duller. I try and change the mood, offering to go to the movies today but he rejects it. We spent the day just at my apartment, only going out once for Y/N to train in the backyard.

The Next Day

Y/N POV

This morning I woke up to a different ceiling than I'm used to, a different smell in the air, and music playing throughout the house. I get out of bed and walk out of the room I was in room went to the source of the noise. As I enter the kitchen, I saw Yamada making breakfast and listening to some upbeat song. As I enter the kitchen he notices me.

"Morning Little Hero!" Yamada yells as he cooks some eggs. "Making some breaky, you want some?"

"Sure" I answer and make a glass of water from the sink, still saddened from seeing Aizawa broken, no sense of happiness is shown on my face.

"Y/N, I know you're still sad about Aizawa, but think of the good side, Aizawa gonna be ok, and noone else was harmed during USJ."

"Yes I know that, but I could've done more. If it wasn't for my lapse in judgment, I could've..." I'm cut off by Yamada grabbing my face and getting up close face to face.

"Listen Y/N, sometimes you shouldn't look back, you gotta accept what happens and that the next time a situation like that happens you know how to deal with it. I mean Aizawa faced a creature designed to counter All Might! Now that's scary! I get it that you are sad butthe fact of what happened to Aizawa, but think of what would happen if you didn't show up at that time, or if the creature went for you first. Would you be ready for what Aizawa faced?"

"I...I...I understood" I was shocked by what Yamada just said, for once he said something serious and smart. But still, I need to make sure that never happens again. I need to be there for Aizawa, For everyone.

Soon as Yamada breaks the little huddle, his breakfast catches fire and Yamada starts to freak out. We snuff out the flames and Yamada asks if I wanted to go out and get breakfast.

"Sure" I need to be strong for Yamada. No for Everyone.