04

AYAKA & HIROAKI
Consider voting on this chapter!
(3.6k words lol)

6k words lol)

The train ride to Nagoya was roughly 3 hours long, you were prepared, however. You brought along your headphones and made sure your phone was charged so you could blast your favorite songs to make the ride feel quicker.

You were lucky enough to snag a seat in between a schoolgirl and an elderly woman. Sliding into the seat you sighed contently and relaxed into the seat as you hit play on your playlist. The vibrations of the music flooded your brain and caused you to rest your eyes momentarily.

Your eyes were shot back open due to a rough shake of the train. 'Must've been a messed up track.' You thought as you turned your head to catch the reactions of other passengers. Everyone else seemed to have had the same reaction or none at all.

You were about to turn your head back to rest it on the window behind you until you caught a glimpse of something on the schoolgirl's phone next to you. You slyly peeked over her shoulder to see she was scrolling through an Instagram account. The video she was watching now started with a black screen and some moving words.

You watched closely as the words panned out and clips of some guy playing volleyball faded in and in all types of ways at a fast pace. Not just some guy though, the last clip showed his face clearly and you knew that dark wavy hair from almost anywhere. You did a mental recap in your head to count how many signs you had now. And if you counted correctly this was number 4.

Feeling giddy you tapped the girl's shoulder and she took out one of her earbuds to turn to you. "I'm sorry," you began as you pointed toward her phone. "Was that Sakusa Kiyoomi on your phone just now?" her eyes lit up with excitement at your question and she turned the rest of her body so she was properly facing you. "Oh my gosh, are you a fan too!?" she asked with a huge teeth-filled smile on her face.

Taken aback, you nodded awkwardly. "Yeah, kind of, I've just seen a lot of him around recently," you said half-truthfully. "Yeah he's been in a lot of ads recently, did you see the toothpaste one that just aired?" You didn't even own a TV so she just nodded along and lied as she talked about this toothpaste commercial. "I've technically met him you know," the girl started again with much more excitement as she closed the other app on her phone and opened 'Photos'.

You watched as she scrolled and continued to speak, "Sakusa was on the Japan Men's National Volleyball Team for the Olympics," she continued while glancing at you briefly. "and one of the Libero's Yaku Morisuke used to play for Nekoma High and that's where I go to school" she spoke, "so did their Sports Promoter Kuroo Tetsuro, and I'm also my schools Boy's Volleyball team manager and recently Kuroo came to one of our games and we all got a picture with him." She finished as she showed you a picture that showed a Volleyball team in red and black uniforms, the girl next to you in a red tracksuit, an older guy, and the man you assumed was Kuroo Tetsuro.