17

MISUNDERSTANDINGS
Consider voting on this chapter!

NOTES - oh by the way if you guys
were interested I made a playlist for
this story. a lot of the songs feel like
foreshadowing so....that's all.
(Spotify is linked in my carrd, in bio)

Last night was the best you had slept in ages. Maybe being slightly in the presence of Ayaka eases your mind in some way. Her room still smelt like her and everything about her room was just so...her. There was quite simply no other way to put it.

For a second you had remembered the necklace she gave you on your one-year anniversary for working for her. Your hand carefully traced the neckline of your shirt before reaching for the necklace just inches away. You fidgeted with the necklace anxiously and with your free hand reached into your back pocket to grab your phone.

You were planning to check the time but of course, your phone was dead. Why wouldn't it be, the first thing you did when you got home was fall asleep. You didn't even change your clothes, "Yuck." you said out loud at the thought as you stood up from Ayaka's bed and walked toward the door to leave the room.

Now you were on your way across the apartment to your room to grab a change of clothes. You didn't have to work today so you were grabbing something comfy to lounge in for the rest of the day. Before you left your room and headed for the bathroom you plugged your phone into the charger so by the time you were done showering you could check your notifications--if any--and the time.

The shower was also probably the most relaxing you had in a while. The hot water hitting your back released a lot of tension that was built up in your muscles and you were looking forward to relaxing all day. Suddenly you were in a better state of mind, you had almost forgotten about seeing Nakamura at Sakusa's apartment yesterday. Almost.

You didn't know why it bothered you so much. It's not like you and Sakusa were a thing despite all of those articles' claims. But you knew you were curious as to why she was there. On the same day, Sakusa had said having dating rumors with you rather than having dating rumors with his ex. That had to have meant something to some capacity--at least that he wasn't fond of Nakamura, right?

You truly didn't want to think about it but you couldn't help it.

When you finished getting ready and put your comfiest clothes on you also put on some slippers that were in your closet before checking your phone. You were shocked to see it was 2 pm. So you slept in for a pretty long time--longer than usual at least.