29

PIANO
Consider voting on this chapter!

NOTEmade two chapters with similar scenes☝🏽
his chapter and the one for my atsumu book LMFAOSSKDL

NOTE—made two chapters with similar scenes☝🏽 his chapter and the one for my atsumu book LMFAOSSKDL

Sakusa had put away and washed the dishes himself despite your offer to help. You weren't surprised he declined it either—truthfully you expected it. Nonetheless, he finished doing them rather fast and walked with you to the piano.

"What's your favorite song to play?" you ask as he pulls out the bench for you to take a seat. As you both sat down he took a deep breath while thinking about his answer. He seemed to be a little stumped so you asked a different question. "Or the first one you remembered learning?"

"Oh," he seems a bit more at ease and answers now. "It was this Stevie Wonder song my mom liked," he tells you and with ease, he starts to play a song you're unfamiliar with. It sounds nice though and you watch as Sakusa's long slender fingers move gracefully along the keys. Somewhere along the song, his pattern changes into an entirely different song.

You can tell it's different just from the tempo change and how much faster it had gotten. Nonetheless, it was a beautiful song and you could only admire it in silence.

Was Sakusa just naturally good at everything?

He slowly faded out of the song came to a stop and looked toward you for approval. "I'm a little rusty," he tells you when your eyes finally meet his. "No I think you did great, was that two songs?" You asked.

"Yeah, the first song was Overjoyed by Stevie Wonder--the first song I learned for my mom," he says "The second was Jeaux D'eau, Maurice Ravel was the uh--composer," he clears his throat turning back to the piano keys.

"Was there a certain song you wanted to learn?" Sakusa questioned--not daring to glance at you.

You paused to think about it briefly--your eyes wandering around the room as you did so. "Oh!" you sit up enthusiastically as if an imaginary lightbulb shines over your head. "Have you ever seen Howl's Moving Castle?"

He's as stiff as a rock at the question. He only gives you a sideways glance--other than that, Sakusa doesn't move a muscle. Your jaw drops and eyes widen--"You've never seen it!?" You exclaim in confusion. "No..."

You start to reach for your phone in your back pocket and quickly pull up Spotify and play a song. The song was Merry-Go-Round of Life and as soon as the piano keys came in Sakusa was listening to able to play along. "Oh--I like it and it sounds pretty easy," he mumbles and you watch as he quickly gets the song down.

"You must've been a star student," you joke and you manage to get a crack of a smile out of Sakusa. "I could probably teach you some of the beginning," he says clearing his throat once more while shifting in his seat.

He then demonstrates with his own hands where you should put yours for the right keys. "So these?" you ask trying to find the exact keys. The raven-haired man winces at the sight, "Close," he says reaching for your wrists and gently moving your hands to the proper keys.

His hands were hovering over yours now and you could feel air building up in your chest. You almost didn't want to breathe too loud as if that's ruin the proximity. Sakusa didn't hesitate to put his hands fully on yours and guide your fingers along the correct keys.

Due to this, you could not focus on the fact that you were playing the piano. You could only think about his hands on yours. You noticed they were warm now and thought about when you had held hands.

Butterflies were dancing in your stomach at the contact and you were growing embarrassed. You took the risk of glancing over to the man to see him focused on the keys. For only a moment though—because next thing you knew the music stopped and he was returning the eye contact.

Nothing but loud silence filled the room now. Your eyes didn't waver from his for a while. Until you saw his flicker down to your lips. Did he want to kiss you?

The mere thought scared you and you realized your hands were still lingering on one another's.

Unknowingly too—you felt your head start to gravitate towards Sakusa slowly. Shockingly enough he wasn't pulling away—but you just couldn't do it. Not now.

"Uhm—" you clear your throat while pulling your body back. "That was fun— can't believe you've never seen the movie though," you laugh awkwardly glancing down at your hands—still touching. "We could watch it together if you want," he suggests.

You furrow your brows slowly slipping your hands away from the piano keys—breaking skin contact with Sakusa. "Right now?" you raise a brow. Sakusa brings his hands to his lap and shrugs. "Why not?" He questions while standing from the bench and beckoning for you to follow him to the couch in the living room.

"I can rent it," he says as you take a seat a foot away from him on the couch. At the same time, when his back was facing you—you glanced down at your phone to see it was already 9:30.

You probably should stay, that's what you thought when you glanced back up to see Sakusa searching for the movie. "Sakusa I—" When he quickly turned to look back at you for you to continue you cut yourself off.

The two of you locked eyes for a moment—your eyes wavering as if you were nervous. And his low and confused waiting for an answer. "I think that's a great idea actually," you finish.

The left corner of his mouth quirked up just a bit at your reply. "Cool,"

You had followed into the living room quickly after the reply left Sakusa's lips. He sits down first, and you decide to sit about a foot or two away.

Neither of you said anything as the movie starts and the opening song plays—the same song you had Sakusa teach you on piano. A bit into the first seconds of dialogue he had gotten up to go grab something. You didn't pay him much attention as you were focused on the TV.

However, when he came back empty handed you were now about the light of a cup away from each other. You noticed it as soon as he sat back down—his arms crossed over his chest.

You could hear the rise and fall of his chest and the breaths he was taking. You could just barely focus on the movie.

It wasn't any better that Sakusa wasn't a talker during movies. That you clearly figure out the hard way—but it was good that he seemed into it.

You on the other hand were getting heavy eyes halfway through the movie. Not because you thought it was boring but how late it was and the music from the movie. Not to mention Sakusa couch was extremely comfortable.

Fighting to keep your eyes open was hard. Eventually, you gave up —you felt your head drop to the side and the darkness of sleep overcame you.