26

SUPERMARKET
Consider voting on this chapter!

SUPERMARKETConsider voting on this chapter!

You did assume that Sakusa was already well aware of your small infatuation with him. Had the two of you not practically confessed at dinner? You're not in high school this shouldn't be a confusing thing. The both of you would need to communicate it.

So as the car door shuts behind Sakusa and he's in the driver's seat, you immediately interrogate him. "Why would I be interested in him?" you ask. The question—just as you had thought—caught him off guard. "Huh?" his brows knitted closely together as he started backing out of the parking space.

"You just asked me if I was interested in the Daniel guy, but that would make no sense for many reasons," you started to sound a little snappy which felt weird for you. Sakusa had noticed that change in tone too, but his expression stayed neutral. "Give me some reasons then," he encourages in his monotone voice.

You couldn't help but feel he was being sassy in return though. "No problem," you smiled with a bitter expression—though Sakusa didn't see it because he was too focused on getting onto the road.

"First of all," you start and you try to correct your tone to not sound as bothered. "I just met him—we both did. Second of all, I thought we both made it clear that we were interested in each other," After the second point you felt like there wasn't much else to add.

Silence consumed to both of you in the car but you were brave enough to break it after a moment. "Were those good enough reasons or not?" you ask as the car pulls out onto the street.

"Yeah," he starts hesitantly "Real good actually. I just don't know what we're supposed to do," he tells you and your brows draw closely together in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

Another brief silence fills the car before Sakusa can answer. "This would be my first real relationship," he reminds you and that's when you remember what he had told you at dinner. "Oh right," you nod in acknowledgment.

"Well we don't have to start dating, we can go on a few dates and get to know each other better before putting a label on it," you suggest calmly. "In private too so nobody knows," you add quickly.

This was when you realized how quick the drive to the Supermarket was. Sakusa had parked a bit away from the main entrance which was fine. Still, the two of you had gotten out of the car without another word on the topic of dating. So you changed the subject.

"What are you having for dinner tonight?" That was the first thing you could think to ask as you entered the market side by side. Sakusa had his mask on his face already which you hadn't noticed him put on. He was always so quick with it that you could miss it every time.

"What I usually have," he says while grabbing a basket with one of his gloved hands. You expect him to continue, but it doesn't seem like he's gonna. "Which is?" you question in an attempt to get him to start again.

He glances over to you and raises a brow, "Huh?"

How could he have already forgotten what you were talking about?

You sigh to yourself quietly and compose yourself quickly to reword your question, again. "What do you usually eat for dinner?"

"Oh right," he nods and you guys are now at a vegetable aisle and he starts grabbing things at a quick pace. Like he had the aisle memorized and knew exactly what he needed. Of course, he did. "White rice, meat, or fish--salmon tonight," he clarifies "Cooked vegetables, and soup or broth--miso tonight," he finishes.

He had finished grabbing a few things and now he was looking back at you. Your eyes were slightly glistening which you weren't aware of as you responded. "That sounds good," you smile and the two of you start toward the rice bags.

When the two of you stop in front of them you half expected Sakusa to immediately grab whatever one it was he knew he needed but he hadn't. He was glaring at the bags before he crossed his arms.

"Is something wrong?" You had decided to ask out of curiosity. "The brand I usually get," he starts before looking back at you, the glare leaving his face when he does. "They're all out," he finishes and it's your turn to look at the bags of rice.

You see the only one that's entirely sold out is Kokuho and your face brightens up. "Oh, I have a few bags of Kokuho at my place, I can give you a bag," you suggest and you see him relax his shoulders slightly.

"Would you?"

You nod eagerly, "Yeah, besides I don't think I need the extra bag," you tell him, a small smile taking form on your lips. His eyes do something that you can't really explain, it's as if he smiled with his eyes for a moment. that was the best way to put it.

Before he could thank you for your offer though he got lost in his mind for a second as if he was pondering something. It wasn't long before he snapped out of it and asked you, "Do you want to come over for dinner tonight?"

"Are you sure?" you ask taken aback by his offer.

"I wouldn't ask if I wasn't,"

You didn't have to think about an answer for another second. "I'd love to," the smile on your face grows wider. If it was possible the corners of your mouth would be touching your ear with how big it had gotten. That's how you remember you ever put your mask on.

So now, very embarrassed you pull the sealed mask out of your bag, unripped it quicker than you ever had, and put it on your face. The way you went about hiding your embarrassment wasn't the slightest.

You could've sworn you heard Sakusa try not to laugh at you.

"So what else do we need to grab now?" you ask trying to get back on task--and to change the subject one more time.

"Salmon next," he tells you as he starts walking again.

"Right, salmon. I love salmon,"