08

DRUNK WORDS, SOBER THOUGHTS
Consider voting on this chapter
Note - I just wanna say I love drunk chapters
& also two days in a row of updating.
Can I get a round of applause???

"Hi, I'm Y/n L/n. I'm here for an interview." You say to the honey-blonde receptionist behind the desk. She briefly takes her eyes away from the monitor and front of her and narrows her eyes at you. "Right," she says as she looks back to her screen and typed something.

You fight the urge to say something about her attitude but you quickly realize this must've been the same lady who took your call yesterday. That, or bad attitudes are regular for people at this place. You swallowed hard as the receptionist rolls back in her chair towards a printer and grabs a small paper square that comes out of it.

She glanced in your direction but continues to ignore you as she stands up from her chair and walks to another machine and puts the paper inside of it. Once she takes it out it's laminated. "Here," she says as she walks over to you with a hold on her chair that she dragged behind her. "This is your access badge, take the elevator to the 10th floor, and tell Takara that you're here for the interview." She says as her eyes quickly move over to someone approaching from behind you.

Suddenly there was a huge smile on her face "Good evening Miss Nakamura." the receptionist smiled as she bowed. Nakamura...why was that so familiar? You thought as you turned to see Miyuki Nakamura, the model, board member, Sakusa's ex. You quickly averted your gaze before she could see you staring and you began to walk away.

"Elevator, 10th floor, Takara..." you repeated as you walked towards one of the two elevators and clicked the up button. You impatiently tapped your fingers on your thigh as you waited for the doors to open.

Ding!

"Finally," you mumbled, but you had to wait as about 10 people in business clothes left the elevator. When they were all put you quickly got inside and hit the 10th floor button.

You let out a sigh of relief as the doors slowly began to close you grabbed your phone to check the time it had just turned 7 o'clock on the dot.

"Hold the elevator!" A voice called out and you almost groaned before you stuck your hand in between the doors. Your demeanor changed when you said that it was Miyuki you had held the elevator for. 'You have got to be joking.'

She enters the elevator without so much as a glance toward you or even a 'Thank you'. "Oh we're going to the same floor, perfect!" she says but she wasn't acknowledging you though. Her eyes were fixated on her phone and you stood behind her. Would it be wrong if you took a look over her shoulder? Maybe.

But you were a nosy person. So you took a peek.

She was scrolling through Instagram, you think. You hadn't been on social media since High School and you had no interest in it. Until you saw her stop on a post that had Sakusa in it. You wanted to consider this a sign but knowing who she was you didn't think it was much of a coincidence you'd see him in her phone. No matter the context.