23

GOOD CONVERSATION
Consider voting on this chapter!

NOTE - you guys should totally follow
the tiktok if you don't already. i make videos
about my stories. ESPECIALLY this one so...
@/semifiles

When your food had arrived you both thanked the waitress and she left quietly. Making sure to shut the privacy door behind her.

"So this is a date then, right?" You asked curiously as soon as the waitress was gone. "Yes," Sakusa nodded hesitantly before picking up the knife next to his steak. You don't say anything and mirror his objects by grabbing your knife and cutting into your steak.

You pick a piece up with your fork but don't pop it into your mouth right away. "How long have you wanted to ask me on a date?" you asked before taking the piece of steak off your fork with your mouth. Sakusa had already been chewing on his so he wasn't quick to answer.

He looked at you quietly while studying your face before swallowing his food. "The day I took you to your interview," he tells you and you were taken aback. "I wanted to ask you then but I didn't know how so I asked my...teammates for advice." he was hesitant to admit that last bit and you can tell it pained him to say it.

"Oh? You asked for advice?" you question and an involuntary closed lips smile meets your lips. When you feel the smile form you cover it up with one of your hands but not quickly enough because Sakusa had noticed. "Yeah is that pathetic? I don't know what I'm doing," he mumbled cutting another piece of his steak to avoid eye contact.

"No that's not pathetic!" you say dropping your utensils and waving your hands in front of you. "I think it's endearing, it's just I didn't expect that from you." you shrug before reaching for your drink. "How come?" the athlete queried from across the table in his usual monotone.

You took a sip of your drink and went into thought for a moment, placing your hands on the table. "Well, you've had at least one girlfriend to my knowledge and she is a model so I assume you had a little bit of experience," you admit waiting for a reaction out of your neighbor.

He didn't give you one though--the most he did was tilt his head slightly at you. "Yeah well, she was my only experience and it was for PR." That was new information to you and while you were shocked you also felt relieved. You must not have hidden your expression well because Sakusa noticed your posture change immediately.

The man didn't have to verbally ask anything, all he did was furrow his brows at you and you gave in. "That's a relief to hear it was PR," you pointed out honestly. For a moment you think Sakusa is going to smile but it looks like he stops himself.

"Why is that a relief?" his dark brows furrowed, before he grabbed his glass and took a drink. "Oh, it's just I kind of in the back of my mind thought maybe you'd still want to be with her," you admit a bit embarrassed. "Not like because I wanted to date you or anything, she's just rude and I think you could do better," you add quickly trying not to look desperate.