03 || 𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐋 𝐁𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

"𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐛 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧"

(Long chapter)
JJ pov:

We're walking through the QZ carefully and quietly.

We make it out safely until we see a soldier and he's using the bathroom.

He turns around and he points his gun to us.

"Tessa?" He says and she nods.

"Leo let us pass and I'll get you anything for free" he shakes his head.

"I told you Tessa I'm trying to get clean so stop that shit" he sighs "get on your knees Tessa all of you" he says so we all listen.

He brings out this tester for infected I look to Ellie and give her a reassuring nod.

He got green for all of us until he got to her so I attacked him with my knife and after I stabbed him in his throat I stood up and wiped the blood off my knife.

"Alright let's go before reinforcements come" i say and I hear Tessa scream.

"Joel Marley see us up!" And I looked and saw it said red.

"Look look this is three weeks old!" Ellie whines while showing the healed bite.

"Joel that's healed like scabbed over and everything" he shrugs and points a gun to her.

"Joel please I've lost everyone please I can't lose her" I say and he looks to me and saw tears in my eyes.

"JJ she's infected she'll die anyway" I shake my head and show a bite I have.

"It didn't say I was infected did it?" He looks over to Tessa.

It wasn't really a bite it was just my veins were a darker color cause when my mom was pregnant with me she got bit right before having me.

"Ok fine but one twitch and she's dead" he says and she starts fake twitching.

"Don't" i say to her and she stops and mumbled something but I don't pay attention my ears are still ringing at the thought of losing her.

It finally stops when Ellie toad on me and drags me along through a fence.

"Hey what's going on with you?" Ellie asks me and I can tell Joel is listening.

"Almost losing you scared me cause Ellie I love you like I loved Sarah" and he snapped his head around.

"What?" He asks and I look from her to him.

"What?" I ask and he sighs.

"Sarah my daughters name was Sarah" he says and I shrug.

"So was mine I named it after my moms bestfriends niece that died on outbreak day" I say and he just looked at me.

"Oh" he looks down and walks along.

"Right on my ass come on" he says and me and Ellie continue to follow him.

"I haven't been this vulnerable since you came into my life Ellie" I say and she smiles.

"I'm glad you found something to live for again" and I smile.

"Yeah I'm glad I didn't you know cause now i basically have a little girl again" i say to her and she hugs me.

"I don't know what I'd do without you" she says and I laugh.

"Probably be safe" i said and we giggled.

Ellie was now ahead of me walking with Tessa. I was near Joel.