04 || 𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐔𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍

"𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬"

Joel pov:
I walk faster as it starts getting darker and we aren't where we need to be before dark.

"Joel" I hear one of them say and I look over my shoulder and give a little hum for them to continue.

"Look about Tessa" I turned around and stopped them.

"Shut up here are some ground rules" the girls look to each other and look back to me urging me to continue.

"You don't bring up Tessa, ever" they nod and I sigh softly.

"You do what I say when I say" they nod and I continue on with the rules.

"Last rule when I pull out a gun shut the fuck up" they nod and I nod continuing with me to get to Marcus and Mason's house.

"Also the friends were going to one of them is rude and very scarce the other one is nice" i say and they nod.

"Give him patience and please be nice" I say and they nod.

There laughing and giggling about dad jokes from a book Ellie has.

"Okay okay okay can I tell one?" I hear JJ ask her and she hands the book over.

"Okay so" she gulps and clears her throat "why-" she starts giggling.

"Why did the scarecrow earn an award?" Ellie tilts her head in confusion and I mumble the answer.

"Cause he was outstanding in his field" I hear JJ and Ellie start giggling.

"Asshole" I hear JJ say and I sigh as they told more jokes on our way.

I hear rustling in the bushes so I pull out my gun and the girls shut up, good they know how to listen.

Marcus comes out of the bush and holds a gun to me.

"Joel are any of y'all assholes sick?" He asks and we shake our heads.

"Marcus you owe me some favors I need a car" I hear him sigh.

"Of fucking course Joel needs a car why don't you just take all my food while your at it" i hear JJ and Ellie giggle at something one of them must've said.

"What're you laughing at?" I hear Marcus say and JJ shrugs.

"Alright cmon" so we all get up and walk in front of him as he's behind us.

He then handcuffs the girls so I sigh and rub my head as Ellie and JJ yell at him.

"Girls please" I say putting my hand out and trying to get them to shut up.

"Where's Tessa" Marcus asks and I sigh shaking my head.

"Busy" JJ scoffs and makes a snarky reply per usual.

"Yeah sure busy" and I turn to her and shake my head at her.

We get to his house and I don't see Mason that's weird there inseparable.

"Where's mason?" I ask and Marcus answers.

"Gone I realized if I have someone I care about it's harder when they die so I got rid of him" I nod and look at the girls.

JJ and Marcus are probably gonna end up getting along.

"Can we get some guns to?" I ask and he just nods and talks to himself under this breath.

"I don't know why you'd think I have a working car I don't but I know where we can get a engine for a car and then at Mason's there's a truck that has gas in it" i nod at his long ass explanation.