05 || 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆

"𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭"

JJ pov:

I groan and sit up from laying down Ellie still asleep.

"Hey what happened to sleeping?" Joel asks me and I just shrug him off.

"Look this here is not a bad read but this right here" i point to a to be continued sign "sucks ass" he nods with a sigh.

"Wait where'd you get that?" He asks and I just look at it then back to him.

"Ellie's backpack that she got from Marcus" he groans and shakes his head.

"Ok" he looks back quickly "what else you get?" I smile and grab her back pack.

"This make you all nostalgic" i say handing him a CD.

"Now this was actually before my time it is a winner though" I smile at his words at least I'm helpful.

"What'd else you get" he asks and I pull a magazine out of her backpack.

"I'm sure your friend will be missing this tonight" i say and he turns around to see what it was.

"It's not a lot of reading but it has some interesting photos" he sighs and looks behind again.

"Now JJ that ain't for kids give it here" i smack his hand away.

"hold your horses I wanna see what all the fuss is about" i say and he groans I see he's annoyed.

"Why are all these pages stuck together" he just makes a uhh sound and I hit him with it.

"I'm just fucking with you man" I say and roll down my window and throw it out.

"Do you give everyone else this much gray hairs" I shrug with a nod and he sighs.

I climb into the front as Ellie sleeps.

I look behind and see there's a blanket near her feet so I lean over and pull it up over her.

"You really care about her" he says and I nod.

"She's important to me" he nods and turns into a gas station with a car in a parking spot.

"What're we doing here?" I ask and he gets out.

"Getting gas now you stay in the car" I nod and watch as he takes the gasoline bottle out from the back and head over to the car.

Suddenly I hear yelling and I get out and point my gun I see a runner running towards Joel and he didn't have any weapons so I shot the runner and he finished filling up the gas bottle and ran over to our car and poured it in.

"Get in if there's one there's more!" He yells so I shake my head and sit in the back point my pistol to make sure he's safe. He just groans and finishes it up.

I get out the back and into the passenger seat.

"Don't you ever listen?" He asks and I shake my head turning up the music.

"You know what this isn't bad" he nods once.

"Yeah I know" he says and looks at me.

"Get some sleep" i look at him and he looks at me.

"Pfft I'm not even tired" he nods and 5 minutes later I'm asleep.

I wake up and stretch I see Ellie's awake and Joel's stressed.

The effect of Ellie Williams.

I look out the window and Ellie looks at me.

"Why are you so quiet?" I look to her and shrug.